Mel Gibson

Trip and Fall Incident with Freelance Photog

1/25/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

012512_mel_still

One of Mel Gibson's dinner companions had a violent collision with a still photographer last night that ended with a call to police.

TMZ's camera guy was nearby and rolling when the incident went down in Agoura Hills ... near Malibu. Mel and his friends were standing outside a restaurant when the freelance photographer started sprinting around a corner ... near to Mel.

Mel's friend makes the next move ... jumping in front of the photographer and colliding with him. The friend definitely gets the worst of it -- landing square on his ass.

Law enforcement sources tell us someone in Mel's party called police ... who went to the scene. So far, no report of a crime has been filed.

Fidel's niece

Bunny,

Sorry, but you are wrong about the friend,
the friend F*CKED UP AND MADE IT WORSE!
Yes, it's nice to have friends to protect you,
but here, the friend should have done NOTHING...

and Mel gets a big FAT F for public relations,
he should "kill them with kindness" not
with arrogance and acting like a dumbazz...

and he gets a C minus from me for the
wardrobe,he should STOP WEARING THOSE UNDERSHIRTS
(ALSO CALLED "wife beaters"), it reminds people
of the whole O$kanky mess.

FAIL!
****************************************

2 idiots,
Dude, cool it...
you might give yourself a stroke!

AliiG

I hope they call the cops. Then I hope TMZ shows the cops this video. Then I laugh like hell as Mel's douche bag buddy gets arrested. HAHA

klingchad

Wow, Mel Gibson is a certified AS*Hole! Somebody should boycott the safety on a loaded firearm "around" him, so he can really see what "assault" is like. Tell me guys, how badly do you want to sh*t in Mel's mouth?

G

You can't run up on someone in the dark, I woulda freaked out too. That photog's an idiot and just desperate, nothing even happened.

Casius

those photographers deserve to die..ruining everyone's moment.

jay

Man what happened to you Mel. I used to like this guy thx god you guys were there to get the truth.

2idiots

Bad Hare Bunny: 6 minutes ago
You sure ASSUME a lot, TMZg, without knowing ALL the facts and the WHOLE story. How sad for you to not think deeper than the surface on things. Anything nasty about Mel is ok with you--however, given the oppostie anything nice you have to dis that too. You got a large chip on the ol' shoulder there when it comes to Mel. jealous much?
------
I may actually laugh to the point of wetting myself! This statement is coming from a Flock Member...that being the FLOCK that ASSUMED OG was the driving force behind Mel's failed marriage, movie career and everything else.
AAAAAAAHAHAHHAAHAHA - Bunny have a cheese curl, you'll feel better! Tee-hee with sparkles. Perhaps you shud swim up to the pool bar and have a Popov on the rocks.

faye

It's on tape Mel, you're an ass...

shirleyholmes

I am also glad TMZ filmed it all.

@ 2idiots (I know you are anxiously waiting for my much valued comment so,lol, here it is)

I am not going to justify this, this is all very shocking.

However, in my opinion if anyone is to blame for this, it is the "friend" who dragged him into this BAD publicity because, initially, Mel handled it fine, he turned around, did not speak, and moved in the other direction, ignoring the photographer.
It is very easy for us to see what really happened because we can watch the video over and over again, but for Mr. Gibson it all happened in a flash.
He probably truly believed his friend was attacked after seeing him falling to the ground, the photographer running away and the woman (which I thought was shameless!)accusing the photographer of hitting the "friend".
That does not make Mr. Gibson a liar if that is what he believed he saw in a flash.
What I believe he should do, is to reconsider his "friends", because with friends like these, who needs enemies

2idiots

Fidel's niece: 5 minutes ago
Bunny,
Sorry, but you are wrong about the friend,
the friend F*CKED UP AND MADE IT WORSE!
Yes, it's nice to have friends to protect you,
but here, the friend should have done NOTHING...
and Mel gets a big FAT F for public relations,
he should "kill them with kindness" not
with arrogance and acting like a dumbazz...
and he gets a C minus from me for the
wardrobe,he should STOP WEARING THOSE UNDERSHIRTS
(ALSO CALLED "wife beaters"), it reminds people
of the whole O$kanky mess.
FAIL!
****************************************
2 idiots,
Dude, cool it...
you might give yourself a stroke!
-------
Hey! Thanks for the concern about the stroke! I have a healthy heart but I do have work to do. I'll swing by later for a few more laughs!
I just wish i could play the video backwards, wud be funny to see "SEAN" hop up from the ground back to his feet!

BOB

CALL THE COPS MEL SAID,,,,,YES THROW MELS FRIEND IN JAIL ,,,

Erik

Mel's friend at fault here, I believe when Mel sees the video, he will understand his friend made a mistake. As you can see in the video, when the collision occurred, Mel had his back turned.

2idiots

Sorry Shirley! Sean was that dumbazz, on that point we agree. BUT MG, if he didnt see what happened, should NOT have started with the "Sean call the cops, YOU assaulted him".
All you have to do is WATCH the video...it's a plain as the day is long WHO tried to trip who. And honestly, if you watch carefully at the same point that the dumbazz tries to trip the photog, it looks like he tries to land a punch too!.
AND if you notice, the photog has his camera in his hands the whole time so HOW did HE ASSAULT the dumbazz? DIDNT happen that way.
Mel made up the part about the photog assaulting his buddy (kinda like the baby-shaking)

Team Lucia

Mel Gibson is a lying piece of garbage....happy to file a false police report....Mel ought to be charged for filing a false report if he went thru with it.

TMZgossip

Bad Hare Bunny: 24 minutes ago
---------------------

blah blah blah
it's all right there on the tape. ole beater boi showing his true colors and lying everytime he opens his mouth... and the mel 'tards following like lemmings
"lying liarhead liarface with extra lying on top"