Journey Drummer

Busted for Girlfriend Assault

1/26/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Journey drummer Deen Castronovo mug shot
Deen Castronovo
-- the current touring drummer for Journey -- was popped this weekend in Oregon for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the drummer tell us, Deen was arrested Saturday ... after a heated argument with his lady turned physical.

According to law enforcement, Deen was booked into Polk County Jail on a laundry list of charges -- including coercion, assault in the 4th degree, criminal mischief  in the 2nd degree, interfering with making a report, and harassment.

Sources tell us the additional charges stem from an altercation that occurred after the alleged physical blowout -- when his girlfriend ran out of the house to call her father, and Deen grabbed the phone out of her hand and refused to let her contact her dad.

Deen's bail was set at $52,500.00 -- which he posted before being released.

A rep for Deen tells us, the rocker believes "it was a misunderstanding that should not have been escalated to such a level in the first place."

0311_celebrity_mug_shots_mel_footer

cindy

Beware of drummers. I almost married a drummer. He was physically and verbally abusive. Those drummers like to beat on things. That's why they're drummers.

Realist

LOL "county fairs". Journey hasn't played a county fair ever. Go back to your Justin Beiber, ***.

THIN LIZZY

Sucks. Dude's a very underrated drummer.

James

Give the guy a break. These guys have been through a lot especially with Neal Schon and that Salahi tramp lately. Enough to push anyone over the edge.

BluJeanGirl

While I don't excuse what he did, I hope he finally gets the help he desperately needs to get clean and sober. This is not the Deen I know.

OnMyJourney

@ Rocco - his girlfriend is also from Grant's Pass, they went to the same school and have a history even prior to now. With Neal's conduct the way it has been, who can blame you for jumping to that conclusion. I hate that there's a blanket "you never hit hit a woman". I have to seen/heard if instances where I figured I might get up and hit the chick hrder. Now then - BRING IN STEVE SMITH! We need to get some good guys in there again that properly represent the band, its music and legend. Been a fan since '78. Have seen them tons since 2008 alone. I may bail if this does not get cleaned up, first with geting Deeno off meth again.

ANa

thats my uncle you bitch shut the **** up *****

Minnie

Dean thought he would give Neal a hand in tarnishing the Journey legacy. Steve Perry was the quality control in that band, obviously.

BellaV!.

Wow you people are messed up! Yeah I know Deen he is having some rough times but damn leave him alone!

Kimberly

This guy is a total LOSER!!! 2 1/2 years ago, the band came to Nashville; my daughter was hired to come to hotel and do their hair; he put the moves on her, telling her he was single; he bought her a Cartier watch for her birthday which was a week later ( had it specially delivered to her) then flew her to New York for several days on a break between gigs.. telling her he had fallen madly in love with her. He really blew her mind - she was definitely smitten with the attention; then he put her on a flight back to Nashville and while in flight, he had his phone turned off and had his manager call the Nashville newspaper to deny the reports of his "friendship" with her! Yes, total LOSER!

Kimberly

This guy is a total LOSER! When the band came to Nashville 2 1/2 years ago, my daughter was hired to go to the hotel to do the band's hair before the show. He threw his charm at her and had her totally snookered - told her he was single; within a week, sent her a Cartier watch for her birthday; flew her to NY during a break between cities and wined and dined her for days! Put her on a plane back to Nashville and while plane was in the air, disconnected his cell phone and had his manager call the Nashville paper to deny any claim of friendship with my daughter! She was so hurt! What a BUM!

Me

Ok for all of you who don't even know Deen... you know nothing. His girlfriend is around his age, she's probably calling her daddy because she's a crazy bitch. Deen's a nice guy. It's his girlfriend that is completely effing psycho. Uses him and is always going crazy and flipping out over the smallest of crap. I guess Deen supporting her old skanky ass isn't good enough for her that she has to be a complete bitch too.

Steve P.

Considering The status of the "tribute band formerly known as Journey" this behavior does not surprise me, especially with Deens background.

shawnmrfixit

Of all the jails why our stupid Polk county oregon crap jail.... where everything is made of stainless steel and they keep it 40 degrees...LOL...

karmalord

Deen is an awesome drummer and singer and Journey still plays stadiums and Ampitheatres believe it or not. I was never a huge fan but did see them a few years ago with new singer and Deen sang a song. He did every bit as good as Steve Perry did back in the day. Don't judge anyone without all the facts as no one is perfect.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments