Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

char

I would also agree that the way Paula cooks her so called Southern recipes is not the normal way most Southerners cook. Both sets of Grandparents and my parents are Southerners and cooked Southern food such as Paula, cakes, pies, cornbread,etc and all from scratch and NEVER used all that sugar,butter,grease,etc the way Paula does. And their food was delicious. Paula pushed her recipes over the top for sensationalism in order to sell her show and her cook books. To hell with her's or anyones health. Money was and is more important to her. Why hasn't she said that also instead of buying the pills she's now peddling that you can also diet and not have to buy the pills?

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

A pig eating a cow. Isn't there some law against this?

Tami

According to most diabetic nutritionists this meal would be perfectly acceptable. The standard recommendations are 60g of carbs per meal and looking at that hamburger it would definitely be under 60g, even with french fries. I think (as a type 2 diabetic) she should have taken the bun off of the burger and skipped the fries but that is just how I manage my blood sugar.

Carla

If the woman wants a burger than by god let her have a burger. Its her life, her health...who are we to judge. She is 65 years old, I think she is entitled to make up her own mind, and she is the only one to blame. We all need to stop worrying about others and take a good look at ourself.

Noel

I'm type 1 diabetic, and this article pisses me off to no end. Before you judge me for being "fat," I'm 5'7" and weigh 112 lbs. I'm underweight, and yet I a healthy diet. When diagnosed I was 5'2" and weighed 76 lbs. Unlike type TWO, type ONE isn't preventable OR curable and I have to take 4-6 shots every day, prick my finger to check my blood sugar, worry about dying on any given day from low blood sugar, and stay up worrying if my blood sugar will go low in my sleep and if I'll never wake up because of it, and I have to do this FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. This, is type ONE. Type TWO doesn't usually include these worries. I didn't choose this disease, it chose me. Articles and things like this are the reason why people think I have diabetes because I don't take care of myself and are supposedly "fat." These things are the reason for so much ignorance about my disease.
Now back to Paula. A cheeseburger like that has about 32 carbs. Not that much. The fries? 40, at most. She's not going to die because she eats a burger. Carbs are what diabetics count to control blood sugar, so butter had absolutely NOTHING to do with Paula's diagnosis.
Next time you want to make an article about Paula Deen or diabetes, SPECIFY WHICH TYPE!

Paul

Who says she has high sugar? What if her diabetes is the kind where her sugar gets too low?

rosie bell

im fatter then paula dean and i eat everything

Michael Griffith

The story should have started..
-- practically unhinging her jaw like
An angry amazonian anaconda swollowing whole a defenseless 25ft Floridian gator

or

An African Hippo in the rut

or

Now it your turn!

money

last time i checked it was OK to eat a hamburger if you have diabetes. just sayin.

Brett

You people (TMZ and the detracters that are making rude comments) all need to get a friggen life!! I have a son that has been diabetic for 16 years,since age 10.The first thing the Dr's taught us is that life isn't over,,you can eat almost anyting you want in moderation.Yes,,you need to be careful on some things and on the quantity that you eat,but you can live normally and treat yourself to a favorite meal now and then.You people and the papparazzi need to get a life and leave people alone and let them live their lives!!

Heather

Are you people at TMZ seriously that ignorant and hard up for a story. Eating a cheeseburger does not = SCREW DIABETES. If you are on your medication and working with your doctor you can eat whatever you want. Maybe she had 2 bites of that burger and put it down....who knows and more importantly...who cares! It's her life and she can do what she wants. TMZ owes Paula Deen, her family, her fans, and all Diabetics an apology. How dare you judge people when you know nothing about the disease. And by the way...I am assuming you all know nothing about based on your comments. i am a diabetic and even my doctor would never tell me I couldn't occasionally eat a cheeseburger.

adawg

let her eat herself to death. riding high on the hog is the american way. Thank god i grew up with morals and limitations. To much of anything will kill you. now go be fat and lazy america we got your number.

ali

PAULA DEEN ATE A FACKING CHEESEBURGER? HOLY FACKING SHIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!! What's next, Harry Hamlin throwing away an empty Starbucks cup? THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

Debbie

WTH..... The woman is on vacation !! I'm diabetic and there are times when you can splurge and make up for it later with exercise and/or dietary exchanges. Let the poor woman enjoy her vacation in peace without having everything she does or eats scrutinized

Frank

you idiots wasting my time! on the real who cares? I ate chick fila for breakfast, if I send a photo will you post it to make me more famous? If not, STFU!