Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

Storm

Well then. Chow down and ignore those haters. May not be the right choice, but it IS ur choice.

betty

Some of you ignorant asses need to Google,Yahoo or whatever on diabetes before you start making comments.Diabetes is a treatable disease and all foods are not off limits As long as you stay within your glucose limit it can be controlled.Paula probably has lived longer than a lot of you that think you are healthy.Food isn't the only contributing factor that leads to diabetes and it's her life.

too much to gain to lose

To BB she is like me BB shes too darn old to die young! I am same age and have type 2 diabetes like more than half my family did or does including my older son. It is a horrible disease and I saw my first husband die from complications including double amputations and I still ate like a pig. Not an easy thing to adjust to once you have lived eating like you want to. I sure hope the younger kids have parents watching what goes into their mouth.

mariah

For all you people worried about negative comments...WHY ARE YOU ON TMZ???? That's what it's for DUH!!!

jen

Seriously, who gives a damn, get off her back!! It's not like she ever presented herself as a nutritionist or healthy living expert. What she is doing may or may not being harming her health but she isn't telling you to do it. I'm pretty sure we all knew her one stick of butter minimum per dish philosophy wasn't good for you and we all kept watching!

Helen

OINK ~ OINK ~ She looks like a huge all FAT Hiporcitical PIG just taking a huge bite out of the burger.
Shame on YOU Paula...for telling FOOLS to cook with 1 lbs. of butter...knowing all along you had this illness.
SHAME ON YOU FAT BITCH!

Auntie Lu

Why is this woman rushing herself to an early grave? I don't understand that at all. Sad ...

Wellington

Her sons are upset with her drug rep deal and her agent quit over it. BTW the drug she's taking has been black boxed by the FDA because it causes thyroid cancer in rats.

Paula sparked family war

Last Updated: 2:23 AM, January 27, 2012

Posted: 12:34 AM, January 27, 2012

Paula Deen’s sons were so distraught over her decision to plug a $500-a-month diabetes drug, they nearly bolted from the family management to strike out on their own.

Paula’s sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen, were upset over her deal to hawk Novo Nordisk’s Victoza because she was already taking a different diabetes medicine and responding well to it, sources told us. They said the sons “were worried about her health and didn’t want her to switch drugs. She had been taking a different drug for a while, and was doing very well.” They didn’t see any reason to change that. However, she appears to be doing equally well on the new treatment.”

Deen was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes three years ago, but continued dishing up her notoriously fatty foods on her show until her Jan. 17 revelation that she was diabetic and would now be plugging Victoza.

We revealed this week that it prompted Deen’s longtime publicist, Nancy Assuncao, to quit. But the drug deal — put together by Deen’s agent, Barry Weiner, who heads up Artists Agency — also infuriated her sons, who are repped by the same agency. Bobby, 41, hosts the Cooking Channel’s “Not My Mama’s Meals” and Jamie, 44, launched The Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah, Ga. He has a deal with the Food Network for a new show.

Another source said, “Jamie and Bobby were so upset when the deal was being put together in October, they wanted to jump ship from Artists and the people behind the deal with Novo Nordisk. They were in a panic, and set up a meeting with William Morris Endeavour.”

But the source said Paula “put them both under a lot of pressure and managed to persuade them to stay on with the family management. They canceled the WME meeting 24 hours beforehand.”

Paula refuses to say what medicine she took previously. She was spotted in recent days chomping on a cheeseburger aboard a Caribbean cruise with fans. Reps for Deen, her sons and for Artists Agency didn’t get back to us.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/paula_sparked_family_war_Eu5vPsW5I3ZNzqCfYZaaXL#ixzz1kdsVxz00

Wellington

Sorry, it was her publicist not her agent that resigned.

Lola

Arthur

I am 61 type 2 Diabetes and I eat Burgers, but I take fast acting Insulin so my blood sugar will only spike for a little while which can hardly do any damage. My A1C which is 6.4 every time it's tested means I probably will never Die of Diabetes. I hope I die with a young girl in bed with me

Kristina

Just because you're a diabetic doesn't mean you can't eat cheeseburgers or fries...it just means you have to watch HOW MUCH of them you eat. Come on TMZ, this is the stupidest article I've ever read on here. Whoever reported this should be ashamed of themselves.

Kathryn

There is nothing wrong with eating a burger with Type 2. It will not hurt your blood sugar levels at all. You should "never" eat french fries (or any type of potato) when you are a diabetic. That bun might spike her sugar some. It is sad the person who snap this picture and the person who wrote the article do not understand diabetes. Salad are great but a cheeseburger won't kill her either.

Boss Hogg

OMG! Put her in jail! She ate a cheeseburger! Big freakin deal, TMZ needs better news to report. It's worse then the tabloids at the grocery store.

liquidflorian

Last time I check their is no Sugar in a cheeseburger.