Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

WOW...

You guys don’t know too much about diabetes do ya? It’s all about the carbs…cheese, meat, ok…bread, and salad not so much…of course no French fries…..however, I will say it’s a balance of carbs and protein….very small amounts of carbs are ok…even bread occasionally…as long as you pair it with protein and eat only what you are allowed per meal, generally 5 small meals a day is what works best..…btw, fruit and veggies are carbs…

Katie

I see MANY people with diabetes eating the same stuff. It is all about moderation and also the type of lifestyle you lead. Maybe she is becoming more active and working out, and not eating like this all the time. It is really none of our business what she eats. And I think all the other chefs who put her on blast for eating and cooking the way she does on her show after the news of her diagnosis are a$$holes. Just because she has a cooking show does not make her the spokeswoman for Diabetes and demand that she drastically change her lifestyle to try to be either. When we watch her show we are seeing her cook maybe what? One day out of the week? And I bet you most of that food is being eaten by the camera crew afterwards! So we have no idea is this is how she eats all the time or not.

timmsa

ok here is the thing, with diabetes you can have hamburgers. Meat is a protein and not a sugar or a carbohydrate. Now depending on the bun that is where the carbohydrates are. If she has a whole wheat bun then that should be fine. And trust me I know what I am talking about because I deal with 2 people every day that has type 2 diabetes. And like someone else said depending on what her sugar level is, then it might be ok. Also it is ok to indulge every once in a while for things.

Scott Guiher

Paula Deen is a disgusting fat pig anyway, what would you expect? Her fake accent along with her eating habits are her brand, that is what pays her bills. Having been born and raised here in the south I can honestly say that I have never in 65 yeas met anyone with her way. That said though, she is popular for reasons unknown to me. I would never support her by doing business with her sponsors.

JEF

Sheesh---let the woman eat her burger in peace...really? Your going to tell her what she should or should not be eating?

Your lucky it was not me and I did not see you taking the picture---you would have caught a glimpse of my middle finger in addition to the burger.

Raejean

I've got news for you yahoos...and that includes the TMZ crew of idiots looking for a story at someone's expense - diabetics can eat burgers. Get over your self-righteous butts in your haste to trash Paula Deen. Last time I checked, she was an adult in charge of making her own health decisions, good or ill.

Raejean

I've got news for you yahoos...diabetics can eat hamburgers. Get over self-righteous butts in your haste to trash Paula Deen. Last time I heard, she was an adult in charge of her own health-that means good or bad, it's her call, not yours.

Tigers Wood

A lot of Paula Deen lovers on here, ya'll must eat like her everyday and fat like her the way ya'll defend her. You don't like being told ya'll can't have sugar and butter, and haters to anyone that calls one of ya'll kind a fatty.

tgrfan42069

why doesnt tmz run stories on barak and michelle when they eat unhealthy foods all the while trying to preach to america that we should eat healthy?

HOU12

Let her eat what she wants! It's her life, just like you probably wouldn't want someone telling you how to live yours. And if you dont like her show-DONT WATCH THE SHOW, FOLLOW HER RECIPES OR EAT HER FOOD!

Raejean

I don't know what is more sickening here: The rudeness of stalking what one woman puts in her mouth (when you know she has to eat), the level of ignorance amongst the posters about diabetes, or the fat bigotry.

Meanwhile, Paula Deen is just living her life.

Sarcia

Dear God, Paula must want to die. She obviously doesn't care about her own health yet alone her followers and fans out there. Sadly enough, there's naive fans that will follow Paula footsteps because they admire and depend on her to show them the way to fun eating that's unhealthy for all. They think it's fun and entertaining! I read up on diabetes and it's a silence demon diease growing in your body. It get there and it'll be 6-10 yrs before you know you even have it. It's the number one silence killer, sneaky and nasty unlike Cancer and HIV/Aids there is no warning signs to let you know it's there until it's to late. Then you're hit with all the signs
Increased thirst
Increased hunger (especially after eating)
Dry mouth
Frequent urination or urine infections
Unexplained weight loss (even though you are eating and feel hungry)
Fatigue (weak, tired feeling)
Blurred vision
Headaches
Diabetic coma (loss of consciousness)

You get to your doctor or ER only to find out you had diabetes for years and didn't know it until now. You either have type 1 or type 11 and have to take medications or insulins to control it and have to carry meters, starburts etc around with you. Can't let your meter go under 70 or above 130-170. You'll have to maintain a special diet just for diabetes and stick with it, you'll have to lose weight and keep up with it or you stand to lose limbs such as
toes
foot
gangrene
heart, liver and kidney failure
stroke
irreversible diabetic coma and then death.

It's deadly this diabetes and I can't believe Paula Deen want to play with hers or someone else lives like that. Can't believe she do not value her own life or her naive followers that's bound to fall into her disgusting deadly traps. It's sad that she doesn't care... Look at her wolving down that greasy nonsense food when she has type 11 diabetes. It makes me sad to see her do this to herself and to others all because she's well known and famous in a unhealthy food show. "Eat in Moderation" my ass! Twisted tongue imo, because She knows it's bad for you yet she's encouraging her gross "Southern fried chicken, gooey butter cakes, and burgers sandwiched between glazed donuts" her idea of delicious breakfast for you and your kids. She may think it's funny, for intertainment and make a lot of money off it, but she's fastly killing innocent naive people whom are not educated enough to see that's exactly what she is trying to do to them.

Having diabetes for 3 yrs and not telling your followers and fans while encouraging them to prepare deadly food that cause her to have it or not is just wrong on so many levels. It's like a person with HIV/AIDS encouraging others to have unprotected sex with multiple partners and not tell them you have it and caught it that way until it's to late or you can make money off of it. That's exactly what Paul did. She didn't tell anybody about her illness until she made money off it by promoting drugs she is now taking her self, not that it matters the way she's eating in that picture. It's always been about "The Business" with her! Now she's telling people SCREW DIEABETES! If you have it, eat what you want and lots of it. Burgers and frieds and 4 hundred possible naive people following her in death.

SOMEBODY STOP THIS CRAZY OLD LADY FROM PROFITTING OFF INNOCENT PEOPLE WHILE SLOWLY KILLING THEM AND HERSELF! AND DON'T COME AT ME WITH MICKEY DEE'S, BK AND WENDY'S CRAP EITHER

And please, no one follow my post talking about her loyal followers and fans should know better. Sadly enough Paula fans are caught up as much as Jim Jones followers which lead to their massacre. Paula Deen should be charged with attempted murder suicide that will put an end to her madness. Hell, find some other way to make money Paula Deen!FYI- fast food joints now put up "Nutrition facts" now, some even starting to serve healthy food and they didn't have DIABETES and hid it from it's public/fans for 3 yrs then profit off it by coming out promoting diabetes drug.

Karla

I am not a fan of Ms Deen and more than not hit the remote should I happen upon her show.....Having said that why on earth is anyone monitoring and reporting on what she eats?????? I am not sure why many feel it is there job to do so...if you think she makes unhealthy food/do not watch her show/do not buy her cook books and then you have no worries...that is your choice and for the most part that is something we have is choice.....and it seems Paula is choosing to enjoy herself......

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Eat on Paula. Efff anyone who say differently.

snoopy2

Halle Berry has Type 2 diabetes, are you going to follow her around, too? I know this is a different situation, but I diabetes, and you can work a hamburger in your food plan.