Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

RLDAVIS70

this story is stupid!Diabetics eat hamburgers and fries.What moron wrote this story? Now if she had a heart condiction you might have a point.

noneyo

I hate when TMZ reports on anything medical-related, because you ALWAYS GET IT WRONG!!!! Do some freaking research before you spew false information out there and make disparaging remarks about anyone. All you do is reinforce the ignorance that runs rampant in this country. A diabetic can have an occasional cheeseburger and fries. Educate your freaking selves, because it's amazing how ignorant you people are.

dd

Really, are you kidding me? Diabetics must eat, if her blood sugar gets to low there will be negative side effects. Are you her damn doctor? Leave her alone, and by the way what does one burger have to do with diabetes? Grow up...

Sandra

Her choice to eat what she wants. However, Diabetes is a serious illness and diet is the key too stabilizing it!! She needs to change her eating habits if she wants to live a longer life!!

Rose

Paula Dean is intitled to eat a good burger. I am a diabetic as well and I eat burgers every once in a while...being diabetic does not mean you can not have a burger to eat. People need to leave her alone and get a life!!

Josh

You know the world is totally screwed when you can't enjoy a damn burger without TMZ sneaking unflattering pictures of you.

I'll be happy the day that TMZ gets a taste of its own medicine.

Mark Overson

You know, if I had food related health issues, I'd have a really hard time giving up Cheeseburgers too.
I can relate.
While I don't have them often, I really do enjoy them. Fries too. But only once in a while.
I don't think I could give them up.

April

The burger itself is not bad..it is the bun and fries.

Carol L

This woman pisses me off. Comes out she's known for a couple of years she's diabetic yet keeps shocking her way of eating....until she teams up with a drug company as a paid endorsed. ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Denise

Leave the woman alone. Since when can't a diabetic person eat a cheeseburger? My boyfriend is diabetic and he eats whatever he wants in moderation. This includes cheeseburgers and he is doing just fine according to doctors.

Carol L

hocking, not shocking

Gail T

Lookout - Obama's food police headed by Michelle

Donna A

What proves its a burger...the burger roll???...
It has got to be tough to be her right now...all you concerned folks snapping inopportune pics and negative commenting on her choice of food...
good thing for you, that you are not a popular personallity being hounded by, well... people like you...

elysummers

No comment.

Bud

If she want's to croak, so be it. Eat away Paula baby!