Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

Nancy

I had a father in law who had diabetes watched everything he ate. He was killed in a car accident. What's the differece.

IceGypsy

The woman enjoys food, it's her life. Let her enjoy it. Diabetes doesn't mean you have to stop eating everything you love. You just have to do it in moderation. How do we know this wasn't the 1st burger in a long time.

T

Will one of you m0r0ns please explain exactly what eating a burger has to do with being diabetic? This disease is caused by uncontrolled blood sugar and insulin levels and IS NOT related to protein intake IN ANY WAY. Why not get your facts straight before you confuse yet another group of fools. Diabetics need to avoid sugars and starches (simple carbs) period.

amy

Is this seriously what we're going to have to see now that we know she has diabetes? People scrutinizing every little thing she eats? Grow up!

Atlantaguy

You don't eat crackers and water after you are diagnosed with Type 2.... you CAN eat an occasional burger... geez! And for that matter, did the paparazzi that took the photo actually go over and taste what she was eating? Maybe she was eating a Turkey Burger or Veggie Burger (??). Either way - I know several people who have Type 2 - and ALL of them eat an occasional burger. Is the news really THAT slow, today?

Ed

Her 4 chins says it all.

J Van

Big Deal...a Cheeseburger. Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe it's Ground Turkey...a healthier version??? Leave her alone. My best friend has Type 2 and she eats burgers. She's not giving up "life", she's just paying closer attention to it!

BC

SO WHAT!!! It's her life & her body!

Deb

ALSO - For the commenter that said no alcohol...

Beer, sweet wine and mix raise blood sugar. Liquor doesn't.

So I can have a shot of tequilla and not worry, but if i have it with juice or Marg. Mix I need to count sugars/carbs. Just FYI

Billl32001

I'm a diabetic, and when you eat fatty food, ie cheeseburgers, the fat and salt increases my blood pressure, which is high already for being a diabetic, makes my body inflamation go up and then my sugar goes way up. She needs to lead by example if she is going to preach to everybody.

Nijole

What the hell is wrong with you people?! If she wants to eat of friggin cheeseburger, it's her damn business! I would hate to be a celebrity and have a friggin camera in my face everytime I do something and be asked stupid questions by the paparazzi. Friggin TMZ parasites!

Mazor

What a fat stupid c*nt!

Pimpcessa

I'm sorry, but any person out there that thought for even ONE minute that her foods were considered "healthy" needs to get there head checked! She has NEVER perpetuated the thought that eating a lot of that food was GOOD for you! And since when is a woman on a cooking show considered to be a "role model"? And why is it her job to be the food police for people that indulge in fatty foods? Additionally, I don't think it's anyones right to tell her WHEN she needs to enlighten the public about a disease she has!! Maybe she took it pretty hard and needed time to deal with the fact she now has diabetes, and has found a way to treat it with a medicine that she now wants to endorse. Everybody needs to take responsibility for their own health, and quit blaming others for their lack of doing so. Christ, are we gonna lynch Ronald McDonald now???????????

Theresa

I don't really think it's a big deal if she's eating a cheeseburger. I just think she's a glutton for food and encourages her fans to think it's cute so she can continue to make money. She's a greedy glutton.

Sensible Grandma

GIVE IT A BREAK. SHE IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER PERSON. KNOWS WHAT SHE SHOULD EAT, BUT DOESN'T HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO SAY NO. AS FAR AS TYPE 2 DIABETES, IF SHE LOSES WEIGHT SHE PROBABLY WON'T NEED MEDICATION. MOST (NOT ALL) OF THE TIME TYPE 2 IS RELATED TO WEIGHT. MY HUSBAND WAS DIAGNOSED ABOUT 9 YEARS AGO. LOST THE WEIGHT AND NEVER HAD TO TAKE MEDICATION AT ALL. SO THERE. CUT HER SOME SLACK. SHE DIDN'T PUSHE THE FOOD DOWN YOUR THROAT. YOU DID IT YOURSELF. ANY INTELLIGENT PERSON KNOWS CERTAIN THINGS ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOU. INSTEAD OF TAKING YOUR OWN BLAME, IT'S EASIER TO BLAME EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR PROBLEMS. I LOVE TO WATCH HER SHOWS, THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WOULD EAT WHAT SHE IS MAKING. COMMON SENSE............