Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry

Counseling for Everyone

1/31/2012 7:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0130_halkle_berry_gabriel_aubry_tmz_ex
Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry have been urged to get some serious counseling for the benefit of Nahla, but their marathon court hearing today was contentious and largely unproductive ... law enforcement sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

We've learned the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services submitted more than a dozen recommendations to the judge, including mediation ... in which a 3rd party would sit with Halle and Gabriel and try to figure out how they can peacefully raise their child.  We're told Halle was receptive but Gabriel wasn't.

And our sources say ... Halle agreed to continue her individual counseling, which will help her deal with what has become an impossible situation.

As for Gabriel, he's agreed to counseling for his anger issues.

And, as we first reported, both parties agreed today to send 3-year-old Nahla to counseling.

We're told the judge did not make any decision on the fate of the nanny, whom Gabriel wants fired.

And the judge hasn't ruled on Halle's request to keep Gabriel from Nahla until the child endangerment investigation runs its course.

Sources say Gabriel has objected to most of the recommendations and the judge is on the verge of holding a full hearing -- similar to a trial -- so he can firmly call the shots.

0123_halle_gabriel_footer

Emma

Halle Berry disgusts me - she is deliberately trying to alienate her daughter from Gabriel through a smear campaign and baseless legal claims for over a year now. No wonder Gabriel is frustrated - he obviously loves his daughter but Berry is trying to make sure he doesn't see her again. Fight for your parental rights Aubry - just because you're the dad doesn't mean any less to the kid

Brigde

It sounds to me that the judge has had about enough. All this tean BS. It not helping. We are talking about the wellbeing of a three year old, soon to be four year old child. The older she gets the more it would start to effect her. Both Halle & Gabriel needs to get it together for the sake of their daughter (Nahla). I also feel that if Gabriel dosen't start to cooperate with Halle and the judge call this full hearing it will not be good for Gabriel. From what I'm reading here, Halle is agreeing to the recommendations, Gabriel on the other hand isn't compleletly on board. I would think he would want to do anything and everything possible for the sake of his daughter. It looks to me that problem is with Gabriel not Halle.

Leliah

I forgot. I dont believe for a second he's needs to be investigated. SHE needs to shut her sorry ass up

esi

Halle needs to stop pimping her kid. Both need to either get in a knock down drag out, **** each other silly and/or more seriously act like adults and get their **** together for the sake of their child. Both need counseling/co-parenting classes.

Lizzie Borden

Can we all say "Crazy bitch"?

esi

part 2--both gave up their right to bitch when they chose each other and to have their relationship or arrangement.

tamtam

These two need to get it together. I do think Gabriel has a severe anger problem but I don't think Halle is handling it the best either. I feel for this child because there is no way she is not aware of the tension and frustration between her parents.

Someone In The Know

You all have been sucked into Gabriel's big hoax. I used to work at his restuarant Cafe Fuego (that he ran into the ground) and I will tell you right now that he is a terrible person. He treated his employees horribly and I swear on my honor that he was not faithful to Halle during their relationship because he slept with one of my co-workers who claimed that he said the only reason he was with Halle and was having a child with her was because she was rich and she was hoping she would raise his profile and modeling offers.

I guarantee you the only reason he is fighting Halle is because his "career" is tanking. However, if he treats most people the way he treated us at Cafe Fuego then he has no one to blame but himself. Trust me, he is BAD news and you all are being conned by this man.

Sincerity

The judge has already helped "BOTH" parties broker the current agreement that's in place. I don't understand Gabriel Aubry's "reluctance" regarding the DCFS's other recommendations. Private mediation conducted by a well-informed, neutral third party is the "preferred" method for working out family law related matters. Ole Clueless better "wake up" and see the "handwriting on the wall". At least in mediation, the "FOOL" could bargain for more time to "GET HIS ACT TOGETHER" but I suspect that's not what he "REALLY" wants. He probably hoped by becoming a "PAIN IN THE AZZ", Halle Berry would "BUY" his custody rights outright so he could continue to live the lifestyle her fame and money exposed him to. Without her financial backing, I doubt seriously, if Gabriel Aubry has the resources to maintain the sort of lifestyle that Halle Berry has worked hard to provide for herself. Fortunately, Halle Berry saw this coming and decided to broker a "joint" custody arrangement realizing that "rules and structure" aren't Gabriel Aubry's forte. If he has "ANY" realistic hopes of remaining in Nahla's life for the "LONG HAUL", it's time for him to "MAN UP" and "COOPERATE" with those who have the "AUTHORITY" to "LIMIT" or "REVOKE" his parental rights. No amount of "STAGED" parental public relations photo ops are going to curry him "ANY" favor with the court, if he's being "UNCOOPERATIVE"!!!

Just_Me

I see it's all coming to the light now. Halle is willing to get help from through mediation and Gabriel is not. He's just vindictive and violent. He doesn't want help. Halle needs to do everything she can to keep her daughter away from him. Why would he not do everything he could to help his daughter? Obviously mediation is needed and he turns that down. What do you losers who have been defending him have to say about that??

Stacy

The majority of you people are morons! It is obvious that Gabriel is a angry,bitter, and mean spirited man. He puts his feelings above all else including his child. Halle is not crazy she adores her child and that ******* knows it. He is just bitter b/c she moved on with her life and has found love with another man. He is also angry b/c Nahla loves Oliver too. I believe Gabriel is the problem here Halle is trying so hard and he is resisting every chance he can. When Nahla gets older she is going to see this jerk for what he really is and want nothing to do with him. Reminds me of Kate hudson and goldie hawn.

RCG

From Diana
I am tired of people making Halle the horrible one for every d*mn thing. If the Dept of Children and Family Services determined Nahla needs counseling with issues dealing with her father's temper- that has nothing to do with Halle!!! That is his issue!!! There is cause for concern!!!! Sh*t, maybe his temper is why they broke up!

Halle may be overly sensitive to men with anger issues, seeing that she came from an abusive background. Gabe showed some anger, and she is overly sensitive to the issue but the DCFS found cause on their own.

CeCe

Halle's daughter is better off without such an abusive man in her life. Visitation from the father is a privilege not a right, especially since he hasn't paid Halle a dime in child support.

Sam

I'm pretty sure I read a story yesterday that said Gabriel is willing to get on onboard, co-operate and do whatever he can...Now TMZ decide to run the opposite, I think its sad and heartbreaking that they have no consideration that there is a child involved in all of this yet continue to stir the pot and I think the truth is somewhere in between these sources...Whoever the source is needs to zip it completely because they are not helping at all in any of this either...Mudslinging either parent is not mature at all and will not help Nahla at all in future either...I am glad the court has finally thought of Nahla, I do sincerely hope both Gabriel and Halle see these parenting classes as a fresh opportunity to co-operate and get on for Nahla's sake as it is clear she loves both her daddy and mom very much! :) ...xx

Fat Mike

I was wondering why there was comments supporting Halle and each one had around 5 or six likes, when they never get any. Out of the 15 people writing nice things about her before me, 7 of those accounts were set up in the last 11 hours.
Gee, I wonder who that could be? Stop using the word "angry" as it makes it pretty obvious that at least 6 of those accounts are one person. That and the fact 5 were set up within 20 minutes of each other.
I know from experience on Youtube that most people are sheep, and what you're doing will work. I can see there's already a few people who've been here a while now getting up to support your psycho ass. Well done Psycho Mom.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments