« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Tyson

Being Inducted Into

the WWE Hall of Fame

1/30/2012 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0129_mike_tyson_wwe_exMike Tyson can now boast that he's a member of not one, but two halls of fame -- because the legendary boxer is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame ... TMZ has learned.

Tyson will be inducted during the ceremony at American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL on March 31. As has become tradition, WrestleMania XXVIII takes place the following day.

Iron Mike tells TMZ, "I am honored to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. I was the youngest heavyweight champion of all time, but the most fun I ever had in the ring was with WWE."

Tyson's history with the WWE goes back to 1998 when, after a confrontation with Stone Cold Steve Austin on Monday Night Raw, Tyson served as special enforcer for the main event at WrestleMania XIV between Austin and Shawn Michaels (see above).

Tyson made his return to the WWE last year, when he hosted Monday Night Raw.

Other non-wrestlers in the WWE Hall of Fame include Drew Carey, Pete Rose and William "The Refrigerator" Perry.

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ian

This annoys the hell out of me. He gets inducted but savage doesnt?

TruthFull2000

Well you gotta let the haters say what they wanna say about Mike and wrestling respectively but I know that as someone who has completely turned their life around Mike would be so honored to be inducted into the HOF and be around so much positive energy at the induction ceremony as opposed to the negative energy being spread in the comments section of this site I guarantee you that much.

kim

UMMMMM JUST LOOOK at ALL THOSE TASTY EARS... " REALLY "??? HOW STUPID....

rlp78

Man http://howtogeta6packinamonth.com/

PsyCho

All i have to say is that...is this legal?? I mean, tyson did a great job as a boxer (minus ear biting issues) and he went hard on hangover 1 & 2, but wat makes him a wrestler? I must have missed sumthing...some1 help ME out. lol

June Major

Do you have an email address for Mike Tyson?

June Major

Do you have an email address for Mike Tyson?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2