Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

Johnny Carcinoma

Another POS from the Murdoch empire that I could give two [Beeps] about.

Efff Murdoch and his filthy Aussie tabloid right-wing mentality and all who work for or with this piece of trash.

Areader

Paula and Nicole were far too wishy washy and Steven Jones ain't no Ryan Seacrest!.....Simon is playing for keeps!

ExtraKetchup

Good grief. Just cancel it, Simon. Awful show and undeserving of a second season. I feel the most sorry for Steve. He did only a fair job as host but it wasn't his fault that the judges and producers were so insane. Had there been some order to this production, he would have been better. Paula and Nicole deserve it, though.

Luv2cook2

I stopped watching the show last season when Simon wussed out and didn't vote and it defaulted to some horrible singer. I hated the host, he was so annoying, and the whole format was just terrible. I won't be watching it no matter who he gets as replacements. I must say though, I do love American Idol's judges better than when Simon was there. They have fun and aren't mean, but they get their point across all the same.

Sue

Best thing next to Nichloe S. getting the boot. What a waste they were to the show. WTG X-Factor. Looking forward to it coming back much stronger next season!

krysten

Seems like the whole show is undergoing a RE-VAMPING.... They need to hire Shaun Kraisman, the Ryan Seacrest look-a-like that appeared on the season 11 premiere of American Idol! Hes worked in television before and is a NATURAL in front of the camera.. I would tune into the show to watch him! check him out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e6dWKZ_T0A&feature=share

Gloria

When was the show on i guess it was so bad it wasn't worth wathching.

Danielle

Why do you have a little photo box that says "Remembering Paula Abdul?" She didnt die!

bluemoon

Well, Maybe Kim K. can take Nicole's place...and Gwen Stephani can take Paula's slot..lol.

L F

Christina Aguilara or Britney Spears would rock that show as a replacement for Paula

senex

I will miss Paula's drug fueled babble.

A

I never watched the show..but Paula? Seriously? people love her! She may be annoying or nutty..but that makes Paula! I don't think the show will last much longer after this...

May68

Why did he give everyone the ax except LA? He is the most disgusting judge. Personally the only reason I watched is to see the judges he axed. He called it quits with his girlfriend too. Looks like he has gone crazy!!

Tracy

Im wondering if it were even up to Simon. HE quit Idol because of what happened to her, I bet he quits this too

Angie

Paula deserved to be let go from X-Factor because of her inability to perform her duties as a judge ... LIKE ACTUALLY MAKING A TOUGH DECISION !!! Duhhhh. If you ca't handle the responsibilities of the job then MOVE OVER and let someone who can .. sit down !! Paula and Nicole's behavior during the live Rachel Crow elimination show was inexcusable and unprofessional. Nicole couldn't decide so Paula told her to deadlock it ? Real professional ladies !! I say good riddance and don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya !!