Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

ArtieitrA

Did not watch the show. I heard it sucked. Do not know who won or even if they were male or female. Time to go away Mr. Cowell.

Kaffee

She should clean up her life and stop acting like a drunk.

Warren T Yates

You mean you might actually have to have a brain to be on tv.....

bunny

What a juvenile way to fire somebody. It reminds me of John Laurinaitis and Eric Bishoff. People who do not have the balls to fire somebody to their face. Maybe X Factor is cancelled.

Greg

Should of gone with the headline "Straight up now tell me".

jerjer

im not surprised... have you seen the trailer for x factor? terrible show... http://www.thetvinformant.com/2011/07/the-x-factor-s1-trailer-1/

Jillo

thank god! Bye bitch!

Carl

It isn't the hosts Simon. People have gotten bored with these type of shows. You hit the jackpot by bringing the first of these shows to American TV, but AI premiered a decade ago. The novelty has worn off and X-Factor is just a minor variation on the AI theme.

LVLEXUS

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!! SHE IS A HAS BEEN!!! SHE'S BEEN RIDEN HARD AND PUT AWAY WET!!! USELESS PIECE OF HUMAN FLESH!!!

Big Momma

i'm happy about all of this! i didn't watch paula's last year on idol as i was so sick of her fawning and teasing with simon, along with her loopy behavior. get some real talent in there and make something of this show.

BB in CA

Good move. There's GOT to be better. Keep it interesting Simon!

dd

Paula must have some serious underlying problems, I mean it's hard for her to keep a job..Nicole sealed her fate with the inability to make tough decisions. The host was a dud anyway.

jeff

Just like heidi and seal, I'm not buying it. Everything seems to be a sham nowadays for publicity. e! channel, mtv, and the rags control most entertainment today. SAD...They dictate who is popular now. Too many followers and not enough leaders. Like lambs to the slaughter.

Ali

I love Paula!! I'm grateful Nicole is gone but I never thought Paula too! Speaking of music legends, I love this 80's music trivia app to test my skills- I play it every day on the train to work.

THE BEAVER

Paula can alwaya go back to making videos of her dancing with those cartoon cats. Those cool dudes just loved her. In that case..Oposites did Attract. You know, that video is how I found out about her, and the only thing I remember her doing before being a talent judge.