Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

tomas

I can't believe people would want to watch these garbage/fixed "reality" game shows. Just a slew of propaganda made to brainwash weak minded people. The SAME corporate media giants who tell us to vote for our politicians. There use to be 50 media companies. Now there's only 6. SIX companies own every major newspaper, radio station, movie company, and billboard.

Meri

I'm not happy about Paula's firing at all! They need some balance between Simon and L.A (as Sharon Osbourne does with Howie and Piers on AGT). I'm also sick of hearing how she deserves it because she chose Marcus over Drew (if anything she's my hero for doing that as Drew is nowhere near being good enough to be a professional IMO. Plus Marcus is the one who got signed between them, so Paula wasn't wrong). Without Paula, I definitely won't be giving up "Modern Family" again!

Fab4Fan

Simon keeps making mistake after mistake. He chose the wrong judge to boot. I would have axed L.A. Reid. What an egomaniac L.A. is! Plus, he is not as brilliant musically as he thinks he is. I could barely stomach watching X Factor because of L.A. I thought Paula did a much better job than she did on American Idol. I would have kept her and got rid of that hip-hop clown. I disagreed with every decision he made. I had already considered not watching X Factor again. Now that L.A. is still in and Paula is out, I know for a fact I won't watch it. If Beyonce and/or Mariah Carey are judges (speaking of egomaniacs), I may have to boycott Fox. Give it up, Simon. You screwed up!

glenda mcclellan

why fire paula, paula did not vote off racheal crow, america did and i was for racheal all the way. but america voted her off she had the lowest votes, is that not right, but paula made the show just like simon and i like simon, but let the chips fall you think rateing are down wait till the next x factor. simon and paula made the show. now we can say what show.

J.

Fraud show and fraud website. The X Factor had my 12 year old daughter, Ma'at Shango, on the show illegally. I contacted TMZ to help me get this story out. They sold out! Anyways, he's some information about my situation. Spread the word and help me get this published.

jerjer