Simon Cowell

I'm Not Finished

with Paula Abdul

1/31/2012 12:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_simon_cowell_tmz2_BN
Simon Cowell
says he's still close with Paula Abdul -- even though he just fired her ass -- and plans to work with her again in the very near future.

Cowell just released a statement about the bloodbath at "X Factor" ... saying, "I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of the 'X Factor' last year."

He added, "You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future."

Bodacious

Steelers suck

I wouldn't work with this narcissistic ass again if it was the last job on Earth!!! I'd sooner dig my eyes out with a spoon. Slit my wrists with a dull butter-knife. He He He. Get the drift???

bring back recent posts

...I miss the original AI judges all together...love Simon..but ..have to agree..Paula doesn't work on x-factor..and 100% that Steve was a cringe worthy host..always said the wrong things at the wrong time..and Nicole...well..she just always seemed like she was challenging some Budda or doing yoga zenning! lol

Robert

Translation: "They didn't give me good ratings but they're still my friends"

Kabala

You're very close and a great friend but I just wanted to fire you without any explanation.
-Ta

Teresa

FIRST of all how childish is it to yell FIRST? GROW up!!
Next, who is writing this stuff?? TMZ is getting more white trash by the day. Hire some writers already!

MsSharon1031

Simon you can sugarcoat the situation but you still have a huge ego. Any of the judges that didn't agree with you you fired them. But you kept LA Reid my least favorite judge ever. I'll never watch your US show again.

MyOpinionOnly

Hahahahahahahahaha! Guess you didn't have as great of a season as you thought you would have huh? Firing ALMOST ALL of your judges and a host just proves that you are floundering. Not surprised to see that Paula went....she was the worst about AI so I'm sure she didn't change much on X. Simon has your ego finally started to deflate?

Jim in Cali

Who cares. Paula is old and annoying. Hope to never see her on TV again.

Give us C. Cole

RJofDC

Poor Paula! Not once, but TWICE!!!!

AlwaysOnTimeB

He loves him some Paula. I don't think she can do any wrong in his eyes.

Abe

Paula Abdul turns 50 this year. I hope Simon throws her a party.

x

Sandra

It's business after all!! I love simon and good for him for doing what needed to be done!! I did not like Steve or Nicole but will sort of miss Paula!!

Seldombinlaid

I thought Paula did well on this show. Thought I found a show I liked.

Eric

Are we ever going to be done with these singing shows? If they're really good singers they will be discovered. These shows have made maybe 3 to 4 stars the rest are irrelevant.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments