Simon Cowell

I'm Not Finished

with Paula Abdul

1/31/2012 12:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_simon_cowell_tmz2_BN
Simon Cowell
says he's still close with Paula Abdul -- even though he just fired her ass -- and plans to work with her again in the very near future.

Cowell just released a statement about the bloodbath at "X Factor" ... saying, "I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of the 'X Factor' last year."

He added, "You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future."

jjh

Paula Friends don't Let Friends drive drunk----wake up lady He is not a nice person. It is all about HIM always was and always will be . The show sucked and he acted so spoiled the whole time. I hope you will say Simon guess what I don't NEED YOU. !!!!!!

Joey

Yeah, well, we're finished with Simon and his crappy shows. Fires the women, but keeps the boring men? That crap doesn't fly in my household.

Mumra the Ever Living

The way I see it, the Scullery maid quit on his yacht.

Don Martin

Will the network please fire that show. The X Factor totally sucks

t

I think he has a thing for Paula...now that hes not engaged anymore, his next "project" will be Paula...lol!

Kari

I agree with #3--Simon is a narcissistic ass--perfect description. Paula's career would be better off without him.

iCu

Good she didn't burn that bridge...

billy cema

Hoped he would fire the whole panel of judges, especially Nicole and the male judge.
It's about ratings, and Nicole seemed to think it was her own show.
The male judge contributed nothing much.
I still remember how Nicole and Paula underrated Drew. But Drew will continue on to success, if handled right.
Nicole's indecision regarding Rachel was sad. She was a judge; a judge who couldn't judge. Ha!
The host was no Seacrest, but then who is? He wasn't that bad, and it takes a while to refine the talent, imo!

Delissca

I agree with anyone who hates L A Reid!!! I will not watch if he remains a judge! I'll miss Paula, but not the other two.

Moonbeam

Simon made good decisions as to firing Paula and Nicole. Simon and Paula have good chemistry, but it seems neither Paula or Nicole had the emotional ability to make some of the tough decisions, and even showed what seemed to be extreme spitefulness by eliminating someone good one week b/c they were angry at Simon. So despite whether or not they were good mentors, I'm glad to see them go. Maybe I'll actually watch the show again now that they're both gone, because I was so angry at them both last season that I totally gave up on the show.

Kaffee

What a bunch of bs.

nof

Simon, repeat after The_Nof, ready?:

"I'm yesterday, I'm yesterday, I'm yesterday..."

A little more conviction - BELIEVE in it, big guy, again:

"I'm yesterday, I'm yesterday, I'm yesterday..."

-MUCH better, has the ring of TRUTH to it, does it Nof?

Oh and hang your head, yep, just like that, good, very good.

And hey man, there's ALWAYS Game Shows!

Maybe a very dry and stoic - British talk show?

Call me.

One strike, Dude, but a Big One.

You, Simon, not The_Nof.

Patricia

Please Please Please fire L.A. Reid! He just can't think out of the rap and R&B box. If they don't fit there they can't be on his team and if they aren't on his team he only puts them down...

nof

NoF that I watched before:

But Paula Abdul's the only thing the show had GOING for it.

nof

Styx:

"I'm Sailing Away..."

"Free To Find A Life (or whatever the words are)..."

"That's Ahead Of Me..."

Bye man.

Hey and you'll always have IDOL.

In the event you need a job back.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments