Don Cornelius

911 Call Made By His Son

2/1/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_don_cornelius_EX_03
We now know who made the call to 911 after Don Cornelius shot himself in the head early this morning -- it was his own son.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... one of Don's two sons made the call around 4:00 AM ... and paramedics were immediately dispatched to Don's Sherman Oaks home in an effort to save his life.

Don was transported to a nearby hospital -- where he was later pronounced dead.

Cornelius was 75 years old.

parlayer

Rasist! Oh I forgot it's ok for blacks to exclude whites and not suffer insults. from a poor miserable guy to a rich miserable guy?? He could have spared the US that crap on that show.

__________

iCu

Sad his son had to see this happen... :(

SE

I know both him & his son. He was a caring, dedicated and determined individual laying the groundwork ALONE so that others could follow behind him and have the opportunities that did not exist BEFORE him. He was a very PRIVATE and RESPECTABLE individual. He leaves behind him FAMILY, some of them TOO YOUNG to UNDERSTAND, but OLD enough TOO READ. SO, Please remember that when you are posting and if not at any other point in YOUR miserable life exhibit some EMPATHY and KINDNESS.

angia

He was the reason many of us got the chance to see our black entertainers perform. I remember us watching the show and practicing the soul train line. He will be greatly missed and this is why it is so important to always let your love ones know that you love them. It sounds like he was in a deep depression. May God have mercy on his soul. We will greatly miss you and that voice. RIP Mr. Cornelius.

bb

I don't believe in trying to hang on by every means possible when you are terminally ill, but dang, shooting himself in the head...that is so sad. I would say RIP but I don't believe suicide will bring the person's soul any peace, sorry.

parlayer

bubbles

Sad and disturbing news to say the least. Don Cornelius was a true innovator and was up against un surmountable odds to achieve the level of success that he did and it was because his show was AWESOME at the time, it's awesome by today's standards. :( R.I.P

Kelli

Don you have forever changed the way TV and MUSIC IS LOOKED AT! RIP

myopinion

Do you have pictures of his children and first wife?

shadough

One last time.....IT'SS THAAAA SOOOOOOOOOULLLLLLL TRAINNNNNN!

LADrive

As a long time (20 years) limo driver, I had the pleasure of meeting and driving Mr. Cornelius and his beautiful wife at the time. (10 years ago) He was a pioneer that showcased Urban music to the masses. His Soultrain show was awesome! All those fine girls dancing on TV. It was cool and smooth. I also saw him hard at work producing the Soul Train Awards. It was always an honor to drive a legend like Mr. Cornelius. It looks like the pain of life overcame a very special man. God Bless. And thanks for the wonderful memories. I'll drive you when I get to Heaven.

Aresa

Don was a great pioneer especially for the black community at that time during the early 70's. Soul Train featured all the popular black artists and singers, which was rarely seen then. As a child I looked at Soul Train every Saturday. Thank you Mr. Cornelius for stepping outside the box when others doubted your show would succeed. You were a legend!

I see the mean, ignorant comments on here but I those comments those bother me, it just shows that there are some sick humans in the world and they need help.

Simone

Good riddance. Cornholio was a RACIST and the world is now a better place.

lani

RIP Mr. Soul Train Don Cornelius Thank you for being you.

Sandy24868

This is sad. Love Peace and Soul DC. You provided us with access to some good music.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments