« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Golfer Phil Mickelson

I Have No Bastard Son!

2/1/2012 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil Mickelson
Golf pro Phil Mickelson says he has NOT been sinking his putts where it doesn’t belong … and now he’s sicking his lawyers on the people who’ve plastered the Internet with accusations he fathered an illegitimate child.

Mickelson was pissed when he learned some jerkwad or jerkwads using the screen names “Fogroller” and “Longitude” had been posting scurrilous claims about him and his wife on a message board … which implied the Mickelsons are BOTH screwing around on each other Tiger Woods-style.

Phil claims he was able to track the I.P. address to an Internet service provider in Quebec. And now, he wants a Canadian judge to force the ISP to hand over any information which could identify the mystery poster – so Phil can tee up a defamation suit against the offender.

In the docs, the San Diego golf champ claims the allegations are vicious and absolutely untrue -- and worries the claims could damage his “impeccable reputation.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jb

just the tip of the iceberg

Hopper

He can easily put an end to it, by taking a DNA test for crying-out-loud! That way he can ease the minds of his family, especially his wife.

AJ

you can't take a DNA test for a baby that doesn't exist.

Hopper

How old was Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child when he was exposed? I know it's disappointing, but don't be so naive.

AJ

I'm not naive, I'm just familiar with him. He's not a politician or even a celebrity. He genuinely loves golf and his family life. He's not dumb and isn't going to sue for something unless it's lies. And I think people started telling lies about him in past years when he became a regular threat to win. I think the amount of "haters" he has may have even intensified during Tiger's recent troubles, especially since Phil has taking care of his ill wife at the time. I think Phil would have let the dumb rumors all slide, but now that there's a troll who has overtaken the Yahoo golf comments with his nonsense and has not let up on it, Phil doesn't want to just ignore it. Good for him. Libel like that shouldn't be tolerated, especially when they try to drag family members into it. Anyway, I hope to see both Tiger and Phil playing good golf in upcoming tournaments.

Lori

I hope Phil can fine these creeps, there is no call for anyone to start untrue rumors. Phil go get those bast---s

Julika

I think, leave him and his family alone. Nothing of this isour businee. He is a great Golfer in public. The rest his only his private life. Has nothing to do with anybody else.

Bill Perkins

Phil you need to have a more conservative course management at Augusta. On your puts you're leading to much with your left shoulder. On holes you can't attack play conservative, it's early in the game.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4