'House of Carters' Star

Rx Drugs Suspected in Death

2/1/2012 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Leslie Carter and the Carter family
Leslie Carter
was battling an addiction to prescription medication in the days before her death ... and family members believe she died as a result of an overdose.

Sources close to the "House of Carters" reality star tell TMZ ... the 25-year-old sister of Nick Carter had recently moved from Canada to Upstate New York to live with family members while she attempted to kick her addiction.

We're told family members had attempted to rid the home of any prescription medication -- including Xanax --  and were hopeful Leslie was on the road to recovery.

Sources say family members believed Leslie would be OK to stay alone in the home for roughly an hour yesterday while they ran errands ... but when they returned, Leslie was unconscious.

Officials were called to the scene ... but Leslie could not be saved.

We're told Leslie's 1-year-old daughter was not at home with Carter at the time of her death.

SusanCoyote

Thanks! It's hard enough to get Xanax for flying and panic without nitwits abusing it. Stop already!!! Do coke or heroin and leave the scripts for us non-losers. RIP

tgrfan42069

i figured it would be meth head aaron who died first

Celebrities Suck

R.I.P........ say no to drugs!

Chas

Who?

Jenny Riley

What a selfish woman. How dare she take the gift of life so lightly when she had a child. I don't feel sorry for her one bit. I do feel sorry for her child and family. Hope she burns in hell for what she did to her kid and family. Hope she doesn't RIP.

xxblayzexx

freaking morons leaving their family member alone. All shouldnt be expected to know benzo withdrawal will kill quick but "ridding" the home of drugs is a pretty big step without, you know, caring to find out JS about what she was taking

allright337

while some of you are spo quick to jude...if you would do a little research she most likely could have died from benz withdrawals.alcohol and benzos are the only drugs you can die from withdrawls.. you wont die from vicodin withdrawls,coke or heroin but you can very easily die from alochol and benzo withdrawls. it is very hard to be weaned off either. god bless her family

janja

I guess it's true, you get what you pay for.

HD

Coke kills. Maybe this was a wake up call for the brothers and stop blaming Michael Jackson for their problems

Jesus

At least she probably didn't blow her brains all over the house like Don Cornelius.

automanager26

I had a bad xanex addiction for about 5 years, but quit for good about a year ago. It amazes me how xanex can mess someone up, but it does. Took it on off and on for a long time with no problems till I got the bright idea to go get a perscription. Guess I thought it was my liscense to take xanex. Glad and hope I stay away from it.

AntiSocialForum.com

She's hot. Why couldn't it have been an ugly girl like Snooki?

JustSayNO

Don't Do Drugs and you wont die of a Drug Overdose - Simple as that.

Melissa

This is so sad! I watched that show when it was on, and was always looking forward to hearing more music from her.

Alan

That is so sad. Battling a prescription drug addiction is so hard. I'm 2 months sober fron vicodin, oxy,and norco and every day is a struggle. There are times when you just want to scream its that bad. Your body is screaming "give me the drugs" your head is saying no along with your will power but after a while your head starts saying "give us the drugs and all this will go away." It is not an easy battle to win. God bless her and her family