Roseanne Barr

Files Official Docs to Become President

2/2/2012 4:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Roseanne Barr
Roseanne Barr
-- who famously butchered the National Anthem -- has filed official documents to become the Green Party's nominee for President of the United States of America.

Barr -- who has been waging a Twitter and Facebook grassroots, digital campaign -- has just made it official.  She wants to carry the Green Party banner in the November election.

Barr says she's sick of Democrats and Republicans, whom she believes are not working in the best interests of the American people.

So what, you ask, is Roseanne pushing?  The answer is simple ... pot.  She wants marijuana legalized and sold strictly domestically.

As for the whole Iraq thing ... she'll get back to us.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Get lost you fat selfish one percenter hogggg. This beeech is worth millions and millions, she doesn't speak for anyone I would know or care to.

nof

I kind of feel sorry for Roseanne.

-Here she had the greatest of all managers:

The absolute greatest:

The magnificent Arlyne Rothberg.

...and blew it.

People kill to be in Arlyne Rothberg's presence.

It's a gift.

nof

Arlyne I'm doing a lot better now.

Than I was on the Upper West Side.

When I was sweeping film school awards left and right.

At least Nof had the good sense/grace:

To make a quiet exit.

Knew I wasn't ready yet - and Left.

tammyohagan

Ron Paul is the only candidate to get the USA back where we can prosper! Romney is so out of touch with the average person who has to decide between mac and cheese with hot dogs or rice & beans, while Obama and congress let bankers and exect. get away with crime, Gingritch just cant makeup his mind what he wants to stand for.... Is all hope lost? We've come to this? Roasanne???? Paul with Santorum as a running mate!

kim

WHEN SHE DID A PRESS RELEASE, YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IF SHE WAS, DOING A COMMERCIAL FOR JOCK ITCH OR TAKING A CRACK AT TRYING TO BE PRESIDENT...

lisamorunning

Where is the "none of the above"?

Melinda

Roseanne!!!!! Love her, I'm so flipping sick of the candidates, except for Ron Paul, I would choose her over Obama any day just so he'll just go away...but then our country would quickly turn into anarchy because I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what she's doing, haha

tellie

why not roseanne at least she's no ones puppet and she doesn't hate the poor...I say she would the realest pres. we could ever have...roseanne for pres. 2012!

justpoor

If I want to listen to a uneducated loud mouth, I will talk to my neighbor. She sucks air, that's her real problem. UGH!!She is a huge waste of space, and she takes plenty of that with her fat body.

Criss

It's the 90s all over again.

princess leia

From the LA Times blog site:

"Both the Democratic and Republican parties are bought and paid for by corporate America and cater to the needs of the highest bidder as opposed to the people they claim to represent. I cannot be bought." - Roseanne Barr

UPYOURS

So, Democrats are the Jackass (Obama), TMZ forgot that Gingrich is determined to be the republican Elephant, and the Green party is letting a pig run. Same faces, different lies. No wonder I am anti-politician.

Wash. Hts. Girl

She's a worthless piece of lard.

GetAnEducation

I don't really care until she shows her University degree.

UPYOURS

I frankly don't give a hairy rats ass if the POTUS can sing or not, whoever it ends up being. Can they fix this mess? Can they reverse this horrendous deficit the current POTUS has implemented? Can they get rid of the obamacare crap that is going to break the backs of the middle class? Nope, not a damned one of them can do it. Recession my ass, this is a flat out depression, has been and its not going to get much better for awhile.