Adam Lambert

Big Queen

... Announcement

2/3/2012 11:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0203_adam_lambert_BN_01
He's paid his dues ... time after time ... and now Adam Lambert says he's been chosen to replace Freddie Mercury as the new lead singer of the legendary rock band Queen!!!! (Maybe not. See update below.)

Lambert KILLED IT with the band when he rocked out a rendition of "We Are The Champions" with the guys at the "American Idol" finale back in 2009 ... the first time he ever met the band.

30-year-old Lambert explained, "The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f*cking great songs. It’s to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of.

So, we gotta ask ...

update_bar
Lambert took to Twitter to say the reports of him taking over Queen weren't exactly true and his quotes were "taken out of context" and he hasn't confirmed any guest appearances. He went on to say, "That being said, I'm truly flattered by your jump to such glorious conclusions mr journalist!! :)"

Fran

Queen died with Freddie Mercury ... give it up guys.

Puddin'

This was by far the best season. Adam made it something to watch. He will be a GREAT Freddy Mercury. The best choice. he is young, Handsome and full of rich new ideas.

BoilingBleach

I have been a huge Queen fan for years now and I have to say that I could not be more disappointed with this choice. My personal opinion is that Adam Lambert sucks (and not just in his personal life!). Okay, he might have a decent voice to sing "We Are the Champions". But that is hardly one of Queens more vocally demanding songs. Let's hear him sing (or mutilate) songs like "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Don't Stop Me Now", "The Show Must Go On" or "I Want It All". If he can sing those well, then I may be willing to be more accepting of the decision. But personally, there are 2 singers right now that I can think of, just off the top of my head, that would be a much better fit for Queen that Adam Lambert. One would be Marc Martel, who as you may recall did that sick rendition of "Somebody to Love" that's on You Tube. The other is P!nk. If you haven't heard her cover version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" from an Australian concert in 2009, do yourself a favor and look it up. It's unbelievable! Hell, as much as I despise her, I would almost prefer Lady Gag-me over Adam Lambert.

CharityPine

Face it people Freddie Died not the band.. The Band still s wants to play and I think Adam will do them Justice so they can rock again .. To all you haters out there shush your mouths :) I would love to go and see Brian and Roger Rock it out again :)

Dera

It hurts so much to read comments on a website that its creator himself is gay. After AI8 Adam also performed at MTV EMA in Belfast on Nov. 2011. We knew that Adam was scheduled to perform there and we thought he will perform his new single Better Than I Know Myself off of his 2nd album Trespassing which will be released in March 20th of this year. When he was at rehearsal the news spread on twitter that he will perform with Queen. No one knew about it until the news leaked cause Adam didn't want to have any spot light or mention of his name. After his epic performance at EMA without mentioned of his name on the show, his name was covered as Headline on all online/offline news media. His performance with Queen that night was the only news that was talked about. You can watch it here: http://vimeo.com/31735295 . Wished all websites moderated their comment sections cause it hurts so much to read awful things that people don't know anything.

Chris

He can't hit the notes Freddie did !!

eva

Honestly, I'm not a BiG fan of his but truth be told he can beltout a good rendition of Freddie's music.
Also, doesn't someone have to be alive to be replaced ... ?
Just saying.

Amy Slack

Adam better make the most of this opportunity and not screw it up! This is his last chance to redeem himself and make it big!!!! I will go see the show if it all comes to fruition. I love Adam but he needs to grow up and surround himself with professional advisers to keep himself in check!

Papichulo168

Adam's too queen for Queen. A lot of Queen fans still haven't gotten closure yet that Freddie Mercury was gay.

Helen

I think Adam Lambert is great ...BUT ... we have a lovely boy here is Australia named Michael Falzon who had the lead in We Will Rock You in Melbourne Australia. He is absolutely brilliant with a great sense of humour for good measure. If I am correct, he has actually performed with Queen in London. Just a great voice.

tellmeaboutit

While he is certainly a full-blown (so to speak) drama queen, he is no Freddie Mercury. I'll stick with the original Queen - thanks anyway.

Marcus

I'm sorry but they should've went with this guy.http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dREKkAk628I

terry j vey

You mean Queen is still playing?Geez who was their lead the last 20 years?This is a non story.People could have cared less about Freddie until he died then all of a sudden he was a genius.As for Adam he is talented and should just go out and make it on his own insted running on these guys coat tails.

mm

I love Freddie and the rest of the band, but why should Brian and Roger pack it up just because Freddie is dead!?! Half of the music that Freddie sang was written by the other band members and why shouldn't they want to perform their own music!! Marc Martel is just copying Freddie's style, but Adam sings it from the heart and is best suited to represent Freddie's legacy!

Krierdan

FINALLY! I have been waiting for this for years! GREAT! Freddie would be jealous! :o)