Dr. Conrad Murray

Jailmates with Michael Jackson's

Ex Brother-in-Law

2/6/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0203_james_debarge_conrad_murray_EX
There are nearly 4,000 inmates at L.A. County Men's Jail, so imagine the coincidence that Dr. Conrad Murray is in a cell just feet away from Michael Jackson's former brother-in-law.

James DeBarge -- Janet Jackson's ex-husband -- is locked up after being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and drug charges. DeBarge -- who was the lead singer of the wildly popular band, DeBarge -- has been placed in Administrative Segregation -- the place where famous inmates with security issues are housed.

Murray has been calling the Ad Segregation unit home since his conviction on manslaughter charges last November.

We're told they occasionally run into each other, most recently last Monday when they were each meeting with their respective lawyers in the visiting room.

DeBarge's lawyer, Spencer Vodnoy, tells TMZ ... the singer is "really upset" he's so close to Murray. DeBarge says even though he was married to Janet for less than a year back in '84, he thought of Michael as a brother.

Lil Roz 316

Uh... TMZ....can u at least edit/fix this? And btw children, Debarge were extremely popular years ago.

anni

are you kidding? Janet has never admitted she was married. she is a liar like ALL the Jackson's. Born to Lie. Read LaToya's book. what a great read. RIP MJ = rot into pieces.

Zebra Sapphire

How much does James DeBarge Know if Michael really dead or not and who else suspiously comes to visit Conrad? Randy Phillip maybe?

reginarenee

Sorry to hear that of James Debarge it was like yesterday I saw their Unsung! then I saw them on Dr.Drew and they were sadly gone on those drugs! I'm sure this doesn't make Janet feel good at all! She knew the road he was taking long ago thats why they split, just like when Bobby Brown tried his hand she knew he was to out their, Bobby later admit that when Janet wouldn't be his girlfriend just a friend he started drinking! these are facts! get better James!

DROG

Why can't you get it right TMZ????? You have corrected the name of the band as Debarge, but did not correct the fact that the LEAD SINGER was El Debarge. James was a member of the group. Either get the facts straight or delete the darn story! It's not that hard!

Eleonora49

The holy smell of an old german church in my nose.Entering a dark heavy old big door, there I saw the beauty of a century old historical mark untouched Beauty of a Building.Powerful and filled with Grace, an old Beauty born in the past to give her charm to us today.Thinking in my small heart if this Holy wall just could speak. Love coming and going across this holy Floors trapped in Time. Time standing still through good times and Hard ones.Reaching out in an scream inside I spoke these words out loud. God please help our World today. Now we are so lost today. Walking through this Church touching the very old Benches feeling the old stained wood aged in timely manner. Smelling the left over senses from so many church holy ceremonies. Looking back on times wishing back desireful better Times. Looking around you could see so many beautifully done stained windows done from Hand so long ago when Men were Knights and Kings imbedded in Lead for hundred of Years. Workers had to pay to make these stain glass windows with blood and sweat and hard work. Priceless to perfectly made. Sybolising the Bibels storys. Holy scenes to remember. Red and greens gold yellow colors so deep how could they last for Centuries??Slowly walking towards the big heavy carved old German cross Jesus hanging in Pain, blood you see dripping out of his Mouth and his Holy side, so real to see this scene like he was life-like hanging there. I felt my Tears and longing pain.Why could we never perfect a perfect world?? Looking over to the side you could see the small altar, on Top of it was a golden tabernacle and carved made to see its Glory to hold the holy golden Grail, a cup which holds wine on Mass to drink. On the celing I could see paintings rich in colors framed in gold Angels so many so old added on in later Times when Man wore whitend Wigs and Women dresses so Big with Iron rods they could not sit. Under my feet I stood on Holy Ground, old big Stones so old the Men were Knights when they were placed in war for Christ in far the east lands. You could see the Graves from Importand People and priest inbedded in the church Floor. In its walls behind Stones the Royal Familiess lay Dead there. Overcame with all I saw, walked over to the old Baptisim Basin reach in with my hands and took the Holy water all over my Body. Thinking how its been so long for all Times to praise God in Love. How much our world has sined and still does. Realising we have to change and Love to think more about the old the poor the sick and needy. Thinking our world today should and must be a perfect world for all. Tears falling, my heart got heavy how can we change our thinking and be more Human to all the World!!(by Eleonora Illig)

Oretha

James wasn't the lead singer,that was El... just saying!

Eleonora49

MJ you said I look like Madonna,Than you Kissed me. "Madonna come with me" You said I wantend you to know first when I saw you i fell in love and than you kissed me on my sweet pink lips.My Heart all pumped up. Madonna come with me, follow me you said.Than you kissed me.You said I look like Madonna than you kissed me. Dont wait time is running wild thats what it takes. Then I could feel you right tight on my Skin.Madonna, you said, you stole a lonely Mans heart. Then you kissed me (this is a Song I wrote it month ago had it posted on my Facebook month before by Eleonora Illig)

Eleonora49

There is nothing wrong with Madonna she is and was a gread Artist one of so many I like and love ......

Emmers!

Duilama, you are stupid and wrong. Eleonora is a wonderful poet and you are silly if you cannot see that. Go waste your time bothering someone else on the internet, because Eleonora's poems are beautiful and amazing.

Emmers!

Also, duilama, you spelled Rihanna wrong. So that also makes you stupid. And stuff. Stupid idiot.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments