Nick Carter

Nobody Told Me About

My Sister's Funeral

2/6/2012 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206_nick_carter_ex
Nick Carter
tells TMZ ... he WANTED to attend his sister's funeral in NY this weekend, but his own family made it impossible for him to be there.

25-year-old Leslie Carter was laid to rest at a small ceremony in Upstate New York this weekend after a suspected prescription drug overdose. Several family members were present at the funeral, including Aaron Carter, but Nick was not.

Nick -- who was on the road performing at a concert at the time of the ceremony -- tells TMZ, “I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic."

Nick would not get specific about the circumstances ... but sources close to the singer tell TMZ ... he feels family members went out of their way to make sure he was not included.

Nick adds, "There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused.”

update_bar
1:25 PM PT: We called Nick's sister Ginger Carter for comment -- she replied, "That's not true," and immediately hung up on us.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mark

These are the kinds of families that bring up pop stars these days. Britany Spears, Lindsey Lohan, etc. First step in beoming a celeb is having materialistic parents that don't care about you and are more then willing to sell you to Disney if the price is right.. Glad to see the glitter being exposed for what it is. Bad parenting and screwed up kids.

Sonya in Tx

In other words, his family thought he wouldn't be able to handle his sister's funeral without him going back to the pipe himself.....

Miss Mary

WTF?!

dolce

Funny, I saw him last night at a club in Boston...he looked like he was on drugs himself. Barely able to recognize him. Guess you gotta make the money to pay for your drugs.

Shawn

Look at his fase....just like hers. On drugs! Eyes glossy, pupils too big. Sad but true!

O_o

ya know what kind of jacka$$ would say that? one who didn't feel like takin the time out of his busy schedule to go to his sister's funeral. bottom line - your sister dies, you find out the funeral details and you go. family politics have nothing to do with it. cop out.

carmen

What a drama nerd ...if you wanted to be there you would have been there. If my sister died I would cancel all performances for a week or two knowing that everyone usually gets laid to rest within 3-7 days. You could have and should have been there.

Shane D.

Wow, this is sad.

Mumra the Ever Living

Notice he didn't say he wasn't aware that his sister died, just that he wasn't aware of the particulars of the funeral.

HEY BRAINIAC - You could have looked it up on the Internet. You didn't need for some estranged family member to call you up. While we're at it, are you estranged from ALL members of you own family? You are aware you didn't need their permission to show up, right?

Maybe they didn't want you there for valid reasons.

Shane D.

Siblings are extremely important, especially when you get older. Their the ones that truly have your back (most of the time, anyway) and are the link to your childhood. A sibling loss is an extremely painful loss.

Delaware D

That's a messed family. That's sad.

Danniellle

UPDATE: Nick doesn't have a sister named Ginger....

Vickie

I though Ginger was Nicks step-mom .. not his sister

KicksandGiggles

Bunch of crap. If he truly wanted to attend his sister's funeral, hell nor high water nor concert nor family nor anything else would have stopped him. I hope his conscious is armor plated.

Muppet

As soon as you heard your sister passed away wouldn't you be on the first plane home?? I know I would be! Obviously money and concerts are more important to this jacka$$ than his own sister! What a loser!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments