Nick Carter

Nobody Told Me About

My Sister's Funeral

2/6/2012 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206_nick_carter_ex
Nick Carter
tells TMZ ... he WANTED to attend his sister's funeral in NY this weekend, but his own family made it impossible for him to be there.

25-year-old Leslie Carter was laid to rest at a small ceremony in Upstate New York this weekend after a suspected prescription drug overdose. Several family members were present at the funeral, including Aaron Carter, but Nick was not.

Nick -- who was on the road performing at a concert at the time of the ceremony -- tells TMZ, “I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic."

Nick would not get specific about the circumstances ... but sources close to the singer tell TMZ ... he feels family members went out of their way to make sure he was not included.

Nick adds, "There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused.”

update_bar
1:25 PM PT: We called Nick's sister Ginger Carter for comment -- she replied, "That's not true," and immediately hung up on us.

charley

WHY WOULD ANYONE HAVE TO TELL YOU OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS FUNERAL...YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE DAY SHE DIED....WHAT AN AZZ HOLE!

charley

DONT CARE IF HIS FAMILY HATES HIM...ONE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE...TWO I WOULD HAVE SAID PHK U TO GINGER AND ATTENDED.

Tam

my family did the same thing to my brother when my father died. Sometimes, its just not worth it. His sister knows he cares. shes shaking her head at her family.

bring back recent posts

.....typical family dramaz...well..not something like this as example..but regardless..not why I come too tmz..still waiting for some REAL celebrity gossip!

borncrabby

This isn't just pop star families people! My family went through the exact same thing of not being told of where the funeral & burial were to take place because one of the sisters said something to another one 20+ years ago & never forgave her so they wouldn't even give the state it was in, let alone the rest of the address; this happened 3x. That's how some people are-just mean & bitter to the end & they all died with no one at their funerals. The thing with wakes & funerals is that you go for the ones who are living; it's too late for the one who died so it's the people who were there mourning that lost out on a lot of comfort & prayers & unconditional love from those who don't hold grudges. God bless you, Nick.

Gerri

Love you nick, but your were WRONG! you should have been with your Family ! but you made a terrific error and decided YOUR tour was more important than family. I am not talking about your "fan" family, YOUR REAL FAMILY. Shame Nick, please use your head on important matters.

Gerri

Love ya Nick, but YOU messed up.... you should have been with YOUR FAMILY ! Not on the road with your tour... way way wrong Nick.

Kris

Nick Carter is not on drugs. Perhaps the reason he has seperated himself from his family is so that he can stay clean and healthy. Clearly there were drugs involved, and clearly the 'mother figure' in their lives, Ginger, wasn't capable of teaching them right from wrong. Nick is doing waht he needs to be safe and healthy.

B

He didn't know about it? Liar, it was somewhat public knowledge when it was.

Twink24/7

What's true is, NIk stopped paying all his family's bills, rent, ect...mfunny how quick they turned there back on him, which has been years anyway. Money grabbers the lot of the,... And watch out they will want him to foot the bill of the funeral too.

TrueFan1995

Nick has a an older step-sister from his father's first marriage, one step sister and a half brother from his dad's third marriage. We cant judge how he grieves, its not our place to do so. If any of u guys have heard of his recent performances or meet and greets he had with his fans recently they will tell u that he is actually hurting and gets choked up when he sings a song that he dedicated to Leslie. I agree this is a messed up family, Nick actually tried to get his siblings together to work things out but it ended up as a falling out its truly sad. He does not do drugs due to a health problem.

Curty

What an ass...he will regret it some day....he could have been there if he really wanted to.

KRISTINAZ

Ginger is Nick's stepmom not sister. I also think the media is sturring up trouble like TMZ. They (media) don't know the facts.

Danielle

Ginger is not his sister, but his stepmother.

Vanessa

very white & blond & messed up so typical Hollywood plz stop..! I'm very sad for him though..!!