Nick Carter

Nobody Told Me About

My Sister's Funeral

2/6/2012 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206_nick_carter_ex
Nick Carter
tells TMZ ... he WANTED to attend his sister's funeral in NY this weekend, but his own family made it impossible for him to be there.

25-year-old Leslie Carter was laid to rest at a small ceremony in Upstate New York this weekend after a suspected prescription drug overdose. Several family members were present at the funeral, including Aaron Carter, but Nick was not.

Nick -- who was on the road performing at a concert at the time of the ceremony -- tells TMZ, “I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic."

Nick would not get specific about the circumstances ... but sources close to the singer tell TMZ ... he feels family members went out of their way to make sure he was not included.

Nick adds, "There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused.”

update_bar
1:25 PM PT: We called Nick's sister Ginger Carter for comment -- she replied, "That's not true," and immediately hung up on us.

joecrabs

Guess he didn't want to miss his sweet paying gig at that strip mall in Oxnard for some stupid funeral. Seriously, where are people paying to see this dude sing, or dance, or whatever it is he does?

Sara Campbell

Nick, My sympathy is with you i deeply Understand your pain..had i not had facebook i would OF NEVER known about my grandfathers funeral either. I am truly sorry for your loss and Keep staying strong and healthy Your fans have your back 100% and remember lauren is always there for you i love u nick

Summer Calhoun

If its true that Nick did not know about Leslie's funeral i dont think thats right because he should have been told so that he could make arrangements to attend it

Sara Campbell

I SUPPORT NICK CARTER 100% and if he says he didn't know then simply he didn't know...Now rather this is a rumor or not i do not know. But i do know all you so called fans out there bashing him and calling him a liar stupid and on drugs isnt helping the matter its only making it worse ONLY NICK and the good lord above know the truth. And as far as him stopping the tour yes i agree he should of took a break but EVERYONE mourns differently there are no two same people that mourn the same way. And further more who is anyone to say what the right way Mourn over a loved one. I am so sick of hearing about all the bull**** haters do you have nothing else better to do then bash nick carter come on people get a life. I adore nick carter but if i didn't i sure wouldn't bash him its just not right you are who you are and like who you like. And everyone says hes a liar you have no idea what he has been through with his family or any of them for that matter so back the **** off and let the man breathe. And all of you calling your self fans and saying stupid **** need to regroup and get a life. Look in the mirror and evaluate your life before you judge others. ive said my peace nick i love you hunny stay strong

Sara Campbell

and i agree with the girl that says it is possible to not know about someones funeral because if it hadn't been for facebook i would OF NEVER known about my grandpa.

Summer Calhoun

If nick had been told when his sister's funeral was to take place then he would have made arrangements to be able to go to it. Nick has a step mom and step sister both named Ginger along with another step sister named Taelyn and a step brother named Kaden

CJ

NOTE TO KIDS & ADULTS DOING/ADDICTED TO DRUGS (of ANY kind, including abuse of prescription drugs):
THIS is where YOU will end up. At your own funeral at an early age ... or as a pathetic waste case.
Get help NOW.

Silverado Mom

That's sad and unfortunate. This family has had to endure to much over the years and definitely has "issues". I wish them well and hope they are able to get some grief counseling to help them through this.

Noelle

Ginger is his oldest (half)sister. The fact that he went straight back to the stage a few days after her death shows us that he didn't really care too much to be part of it in the first place.

Allison L

Ginger Carter is his STEPMOTHER not his sister.

PokerStar

People go to see him?

Jamie

His father was married 3 times I believe. He does have a half sister named ginger from his fathers first marriage.

Nadie

As someone who is friends with one of the Carter siblings, I can state that this is categorically UNTRUE.

If it were, my friend wouldn't have been flipping **** about Nick not showing up.

Furthermore, Aaron has publicly stated that this is untrue.

"Aaron also reached out to confirm the reasoning for his brother's absence, telling E! News in a statement, "It was a beautiful service in memory of our sister Leslie. I wish Nick could have been there, but he had other obligations. Anything stating Nick was uninformed of the funeral is untrue.""

beth

ginger is nick half sister..his father child from before he married jane

Wayne Merry

she should have used makemylastwishes.com