« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

UFC Fighter:

Look Ma,

I Split My Face Open

2/6/2012 12:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

***WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC**

0206_launch_pic_ufc

Ladies and gentlemen ... UFC fighter Roy Nelson's mangled face -- after taking a nasty knee to the forehead Saturday night at UFC 143, courtesy of Muay Thai punisher Fabricio Werdum.

Nelson -- who lost the fight by unanimous decision -- posted the picture on his Twitter, writing, "Here is the cut from me head butting werdum's knee in the 1st. My face is fine, forehead is a little sore."

According to Nelson, the gashes on his face -- one big, one small -- required between 16-20 stitches.

If that weren't badass enough -- Nelson says he's already back at the gym today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nick

What a beast

OOIIOOOI

DAYYYYYYYUM!

AlwaysOnTimeB

He took it like a man!!

TW

That fight was so one sided. I really wanted Big country to do well, but he got beat like a piece of meat for 3 long rounds.

Curits

Werdum dropped some Thai knees, but he's a jiu jitsu fighter, not a Muy Thai fighter

O_o

OH that's not too bad. i was expectin much worse. but, then the 20 stitches kinda gave it away too. das whatcha git for playin w the big dogs!

ohboy

Give it up to Big Country. Not even the biggest heavyweights can knock this guy out. Not Dos Santos, Mir, Cro Cop, Werdum, etc. He may lose a few fights, but when he does he makes you work for it.

Dave

Re:#6 - Curits

Fabricio is muay thai, as well as jiu jitsu. do some research

campy

It's just a flesh wound.

sweetbaby

ew

lalaland

I came on comments to thank you for not making me look at the uncensored version, but there it is on the comments page. Thanks for nothing, and you owe me the lunch I just puked all over my desk.

Good riddance!

I suspect Roy has had worse injuries removing twist-off bottle caps from beers, but he showed the determination and heart against an veteran opponent that White and fans are looking for. Big cajones! Expect to see him in the UFC more often and hopefully, things turn out better for him! What was sniveling, but not at all unexpected, was Diaz whining that he might quit the UFC because he lost his match. Good luck jumping into obscurity if he makes such a stupid move. As Dana and many others have often said "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges."

Woot

Everyone who willingly fights should immediately be shipped off to another backwardsass country... (say, Texas), beat each other (even more) senseless, and stay there forevermore, never to bother the rest of the civilized population of the planet Earth again.

Buster

Badass.

Nita

BIG DEAL.....I wouldnt go so far as to issue an "extremely graphic" warning.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments