Ben Stein

'Disrespected' by Honda

I Should've Been in 'Ferris' Ad

2/8/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

020812_ben_stein_still

Ben Stein thinks it's pretty MESSED UP that Honda ran a "Ferris Bueller" spoof commercial during the Super Bowl ... and didn't put him in the ad -- and now he wants a NEW CAR to make up for the diss.

Stein was at LAX yesterday when we asked him about the new spot -- which featured Matthew Broderick -- and Ben told us, "They had a guy imitating my voice, they should've had me in it."

But Stein says Honda can make it up to him ... "Just my humble opinion, but since they used my voice ... they should give me a top of the line Honda."

020712_ferris_still

Michael

This commercial was one of the hottest topics on http://comunitee.com this week. Come check it out.

robert

hopefully mister S was kidding. he's got a unusual sense of humor and was just joshing! at least let's hope so....

moveover

I absolutley agree with Ben Stein. His voice in relationship to that movie is iconic. Honda blew a great opportunity! They should have had Ben standing there holding the keys and repeating his name. Even still, it was a fun ad. Very clever.

John

Conservatives milk every opportunity.

Raejean

Yes, his 15 seconds or less in that movie WAS iconic, but a 70-year-old parking valet????

I though the spoof was cute. And Ben Stein was kidding.

katschy

Oh, Ben, that dude did not sound at all like you. They paid homage to you because the "Bueller...Bueller..." line is so iconic. BECAUSE OF YOU. Live with it :D

cari

Maybe they assumed he was dead? it's obvious that some other reason was involved, like the fact that he is a pompous talentless idiot who still lives in the shadow of his one hit wonder. He probably thinks he was the star instead of, how does he say it? ..."Matthew whats his name." He probably tired to jack Honda...and they hung up on him.

They should give the old used up worse for the wear wannabe what he wants...a clunker.

Margaret

Get over yourself Stein. To think I used to respect this "prima donna".

Jordan

He was kidding...how can you not see that..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3