Country Star Rodney Atkins

Ducks Jail in Wife Attack Case

2/8/2012 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rodney Atkins was arrested back in November after his wife claimed Rodney tried to suffocate her with a pillow
Rodney Atkins
can rest easy on that pillow he allegedly tried to suffocate his wife with ... because the country star just struck a deal that will keep him out of the slammer ... if he stays out of trouble for the next 12 months.

TMZ broke the story ... Atkins was arrested back in November after his wife claimed Rodney tried to suffocate her with a pillow after a night of hard boozing and arguing.

Atkins maintained his innocence ... but he struck a deal with prosecutors in Tennessee, in which they agreed not to prosecute him ... because he completed anger management, drug and alcohol evaluations. Atkins also promised to complete 30 hours of community service and keep his nose clean for the next year.

Assuming he keeps his end of the bargain, the case will be dismissed and the charge will be expunged from his record.

Atkins released a statement to The Tennessean saying, "I am so thankful for all those that chose to withhold judgment while keeping my family and I in their prayers. God Bless. Onward and upward.”

Mike Litoris

Men with soul patches cannot be trusted.

MC

He would also like to thank God that his pillows were bought at Walmart and not thick enough to suffocate anyone.

Boing!

My dog died and my wife is under the pillow
Meet me down by the old weeping willow

prameela

So

prameela

So

prameela

So

karlew

Hmmm Drug and Alcohol evaluation but not treatment, 30 hours community service and a promise to be a good boy for a whole year for attempted murder. Sweet deal. Next time I'm thinking of trying to kill someone I'm taking them to Tennessee.

alex

Look at their faces. He looks like a ****y, cheatin', boozin', bible-thumpin', country hick. She looks broken like she's been mentally and/or physically abused for years. I'm sure he cheats on her constantly.... and she knows it, but she stays with him and takes his **** because she's probably a typical obedient Christian wife.

Jean

So all you guys were there and saw what happened? Wow. Love how everybody knows who did what. Do you know how many women lie on their husbands? Do you know how many women say a man is their child's father and it isn't just to get money. He did the right thing and filed for divorce to get away from here, that doesn't sound like a guilty man to me, sounds like a smart one to get away from here because she would do it again. Now she can go out and get a job and support herself. He shouldn't have to give her anything. He will pay for his son but she should get nothing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2