Gary Busey

Files for Bankruptcy --

I'm Really REALLY Broke

2/8/2012 8:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Busey -- who's starred in more than 70 movies -- is bankrupt
Gary Busey -- who's starred in more than 70 movies -- has less than $50,000 to his name ... and more than $500,000 in various debts ... this according to official documents obtained by TMZ.

67-year-old Busey filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California yesterday. Busey checked the box showing he has less than $50,000 in assets ... and somewhere between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in various debts.

In the docs, Busey indicates he might owe money to everyone from the IRS ... to various lawyers ... UCLA Medical Center ... Wells Fargo ... L.A. County Waterworks Districts ... and a storage company.

He also notes that he might owe money to a woman named Carla Loeffler, who sued Busey for allegedly attacking her at a Tulsa airport back in May.

Interestingly, we shot Gary out in Malibu on Monday -- a day before he filed -- and he didn't seem all that fazed by the whole bankruptcy thing ... dancing his face off in a parking lot.

video platform video management video solutions video player

A rep for Gary tells TMZ, "Gary's filing is the final chapter in a process that began a few years ago of jettisoning the litter of past unfortunate choices, associations, circumstances, and events."

MP

This man has most likely made more money in his life than the average American can only dream about. I don't really feel sorry for him or his money issues. Live within your means.

Mumra the Ever Living

OK kids - take a good look at the former Hollywood star who never met a drug or hallucination he didn't like.

Criss

I kinda feel a little bit bad for the guy. It's real easy to be all judgmental, and I prefer not to.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Leave Gary alone.

Johnny Carcinoma

Well, that answers that question. At least he has a newish Volvo and a new baby to support.

jack-55d79

Seems odd. I can remember seeing him in a couple of episodes of High Chaparall (a Swedish interview show) and he didn't seem remotely extravagant by celebrity standards. So I have to wonder whether it was some 'bad investments' (given his post accident brain injury challenges) or if he's been ripped off, or even both. I feel sorry for him, even if I think he's probably very difficult to be around sometimes.

Johnny Carcinoma

This is what happens when you ride a motorcycle without a helmet and crash.

Broken bones will knit, broken brains will not.

wenzy

COME ON TMZ...I SAW THE VIDEO AND HEARD ALL YOUR COMMENTS YET NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT HIM BEING PARKED IN A HANDICAP ZONE!! UNLESS HIS BRAIN DOES THE WALKING FOR HIM HE SHOULD GET FINED!

Mimi

IS HE IN A DISABLED PARKING SPOT!?!? What the hell?? He's not disabled and I'm pretty sure he's parked in a disabled parking spot.

fargone

Maybe being a skitziod qualifies him for a handicap parking space.

jack-55d79

People having a dig at him for his parking space are very ill-informed about brain injuries. Just because he is mobile do not assume he isn't in pain or that finding his car isn't a problem for him. Neuropathic pain, among other side-effects, may be entirely invisible. Cognitively it may be quite difficult to find his car if parked with other potentially similar cars as a result of his injuries, having it in a handicapped spot may be really important for that reason. This is why professionals make such judgements rather than armchair quarterbacks.

dbs

That was so awesome!!

cregis

Well,he did crack his skull in that motorcycle accident and he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Joe M.

Hay Guys, I watch your shows all the time keep up the great interviewing. On another subject: Ques: Is Busey "Disabled" too? I see that he's parked in a disabled slot. If he's not I think your interview clearly can be submitted to the local P.D. for violation of the CA parking laws.(smile) P.S. Yes, I'm disabled my self.

Joe M.

Hay Guys, So is Busey "Disabled" too? I see that he's parked in a disabled slot. If he's not I think your interview clearly can submitted to the local P.D. for violation

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments