Russell Brand to Katy Perry:

I Don't Want Your Money

2/8/2012 7:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry and Russell Brand
Russell Brand
is entitled to approximately $20 million of Katy Perry's fortune ... but TMZ has learned he will not take a single penny of it.

Russell's lawyer filed final divorce papers Tuesday ... although the judge will make the divorce official on June 30, because there's a 6 month waiting period.

Informed sources tell TMZ ... Russell and Katy did NOT have a prenup. As a result, everything they earned during their 14-month marriage is community property -- which means they're each entitled to 50% of the pot.

Katy made $44 million between May, 2010 and May, 2011 -- according to Forbes. The couple married in October, 2010, so Russell could have scored a fortune if he exercised his community property rights.

But here's the deal. As one source put it, "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)." He doesn't want Katy's money. He's happy to walk away with the money he earned -- which is far less than what Katy raked in.

So we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

King of TMZ

Noble Brand! I like his last name! :D simple & effective for his Brand :D

Ivan

As much as I don't like this guy, I have to admit that's really refreshing to see a divorce where no one has a financial agenda...you're alright Mr. Brand.

jack

this is refreshing, an amicable divorce. Obviously not doing it for the headlines!

jimbo

You'd never see a woman do that.

jc

Do you think Kris Humphreys opps I Kris Kardashian, will do the same???

get a life ho

Wow ..,.,

He's really a cool guy or dumber then he looks .,.,.,

I think he's just doing the right thing here .

No woman would walk away from 20 cents let alone 20 million !

remy

first time he hasn't acted like a douche

Tom Wellings

This just shows why men are better than women. No woman in the world would do this.

lilia

A woman would have never done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilia

A woman woild have never done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meow

To all the immature fools saying "a woman would never do this"
Maybe stop to think..WHY?

A woman devotes her life to be a loving wife for 20 years, ruins her body to carry his kids, stays home and babysits and says goodbye to her social life and carreer, cooks, cleans, stays loyal all these years, to then have her husband leave her for a 20 year old..why do you think woman have rights to a mans fortune? That's why! You idiots..all a man does is get his penis out, it's the women who have to do all the hard work and carry a child, go into labour, give birth, ruin her body.etc

Brenda

LOL @meow, I totally agree. And I love that Russell doesn't want any of Katy's stinkin' money.

miller

I actually did the same thing when I got divorced. My ex had way more than me coming into the 14 marriage and so I just figured it was fair to end it the same way. I always felt good about doing that, and it helped me to get motivated to get back on my own two feet afterwards. It all worked out.

pensieve

I'm starting to like this guy. Good for you, Russell!

Sabine

"Mensch" is German and means human.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments