Russell Brand to Katy Perry:

I Don't Want Your Money

2/8/2012 7:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry and Russell Brand
Russell Brand
is entitled to approximately $20 million of Katy Perry's fortune ... but TMZ has learned he will not take a single penny of it.

Russell's lawyer filed final divorce papers Tuesday ... although the judge will make the divorce official on June 30, because there's a 6 month waiting period.

Informed sources tell TMZ ... Russell and Katy did NOT have a prenup. As a result, everything they earned during their 14-month marriage is community property -- which means they're each entitled to 50% of the pot.

Katy made $44 million between May, 2010 and May, 2011 -- according to Forbes. The couple married in October, 2010, so Russell could have scored a fortune if he exercised his community property rights.

But here's the deal. As one source put it, "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)." He doesn't want Katy's money. He's happy to walk away with the money he earned -- which is far less than what Katy raked in.

So we gotta ask ...

Janeylaur

**** should have taken the money and donated to charity.

Noname

Very Noble, much respect. Because anyone else especially a woman would've taken it and ran.

Chase

He's a CHUMP!! NO woman on Earth would EVER do that!! Sorry, but true.

♥TMZ but ...

good for him!

Truth

SRUSLY, DUDE SHOULD THINK AGAIN... HIS CAREER IS PRETTY MUCH DONE AND COMEDY (ESP. HIS 'BRAND' OF HUMOR SUCKS BALLS) RARELY PAYS BIG. 10YRS FROM NOW WHEN HE'S HOMELESS HE BE THINKING WHY DIDNT HE TAKE AT LEAST $10 MIL FROM THE UNTALENTED BITCH?? EXACTLY... A MORON. WHY 10 MIL YOU ASK?? ACCORDING TO TONS OF FINANCIAL SOURCES THAT'S THE MINIMAL AMOUNT YOU NEED TO LIVE OFF THE INTEREST WITH A FAIRLY COMFORTABLE LIFESTYLE AND NEVER HAVE TO TOUCH THE BALANCE. YOU COULD DIE WITH THE SAME 10 MIL IN THE BANK ACCOUNT. THANKS ROBIN LEACH... USED TO LOVE THIS DUDE'S SHOW BACK IN THE DAY. #TRUTH!!

Mike

@meow
WTH are u talking about
there are a lot of examples of women marrying a guy for a few months, NO KID(S)
and still want FULL alimony

ALL/MOST women are all golddiggers
thats why you always should get a PRENUP
and dont fall for the: if you really love me you dont need a prenup
you may realy love her....BUT SHE MAY NOT LOVE YOU!

Never and i mean NEVER trust them
still single and loving it

Superman

Don't care. They're both extremely annoying!

Jackie

That's classic unlike gold diggers.

aquanet

I said that from the start. He's not the type to take the money. He's not an obnoxious materialistic person. He's content with what he has. Thats enough for him, which is nice to see. He's a gentleman and not the gold digger the press made him out to potentially be. It didn't work out why be a **** about it. Call the game and go home.

static

I'll believe it when/if it happens.

Firefly

I for one would not take a mans money after being married only 14 months and I am a woman. So you can't just lump all women into the same catagory. Just like some woman feel ok about dancing in mens clubs while others wouldn't dream of it. Some feel ok walking the streets for money while others just couldn't fathom that way of life. You can't put women into a neat little package and say they are all the same. I for one don't like to go shopping, I'd rather be off shore fishing or climbing mountains somewhere. I've raised good kids that have gone on to great jobs and I was a stay at home mom by choice. My husband and I both chose to do this. So don't knock moms that stay at home for it may work for some and not others. And don't say ALL women would take the money and run. (If it was a long marriage?) I'd just walk.

R

@meow, you've got to be kidding. you're setting women back decades. no woman must marry a man, quit her job, give birth to children, cook, clean, ruin her body (ie, let herself go), etc. those are choices a woman makes. as a woman, i'm appalled by your reasoning and your portrayal of women as week and subservient. i am proud of supporting myself, providing for my family, and marrying a strong man with whom there is reciprocity and mutual encouragement/support.

it's disgusting, but true that most women wouldn't walk away from money ... but it's only because they have traded in their dignity, self-sufficiency and pride for a f***ing dime. shameful. seriously.

russell brand, you're a gent.

VladZu

As I have pointed out on these articles before, Russel Brand sucks. Furthermore, RUSSEL BRAND SUCKS!

RDM938

Take what you are entitled to! You know that if the shoe was on the other foot, she would clean house......they always do!

Chris

Will we ever see the day when a woman will do the same? I think not.