'American Idol' Reject

Panhandling on the Highway --

Got Any Spare Change?

2/9/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0207_idol_guy_wm_ex
Who says "American Idol" rejects are a bunch of hopeless losers -- we found one who actually managed to turn his flash of fame into a lucrative profession ... begging for money on the side of the road.

His name's Magic Cyclops -- and you may remember him as the air guitar-playing bandana-wearing weirdo who fired confetti out of his pants during his audition in Aspen last month.

The judges unanimously rejected him -- no surprise -- but now he's found success outside the music biz, panhandlng on the side of a freeway in Fort Collins, CO.

Magic tells us, since his massively public "Idol" rejection, no one has wanted to hire his one-man band -- because "now people know I don’t have the talent I thought I had.”

But after reading an article about homeless people making up to $30k a year just from begging, Magic was inspired -- and decided to hit the road with a cardboard sign ... earning an impressive $0.35 his first day.

For the record, Magic isn’t actually homeless -- he lives at home with his parents, owns a car, cellphone and a computer. But he is kind of a dumbass.

joefroggs

The audition, and the guy, is fake - planted by American Idol. This photo continues the charade. No one seems to be catching that.

O_o

ha ha - i KNEW that guy wasn't gonna go away. he was pretty funny.

Woot

He's not a dumbass at all. What he is is someone Idol found for a little comic relief (among all the comic relief). People don't know whether to take him seriously or not. I think we've been had. ;o)

hardlogic

This guy is a retard. He has to live with parents because he does not have to mental capacity to live on his own. That fake British accent shows how mentally lame he is. He reminds me of the dumb-ass from the Hangover movies. What an American Idiot!

Amazed

Yeah, I see he's doing well enough to buy Starbuck's.

Amazed

When money is tight, I know that I at least have enough sense not to spend five bucks on a cup of coffee. If someone gave that to him, he should hide it while he's pan handling. It just doesn't generate much sympathy - at least for me.

april

This guy lives in fort Collins where I am located and has shows all the time at Hoodies half note, the Aggie and other areas spinning really bad 80's music that isn't even good, he is a looser trying to get attention don't feel bad for him. Thanks

Whatyoutalkin''boutWillis

April, after a couple of beers you might be a little looser too.
You probably were born in the 90's so, um nevermind.
Back in the 80's there was this band called the Descendents, they wrote a song called "I'm not a loser"
Notice just one "O". the Drum Ogre actually lives in YOUR TOWN, but you're probably too ignoorant to knoow.

Rachel

Wow! no wonder this country is in the ****ter~ everyone is sooo dumb. The whole entire thing is STAGED!!!!! it is soo blatanly obvious but no one gets it.

PHIL45

THIS GUY WAS FUNNY SO LOSSEN UP PEOPLE.I LIKED THE PART WHEN HE WALKS OUT WITH STEVEN TYLER AND TOLD HIM "LETS GO GET SOME DRINKS".

Magic Cyclops™

The coffee cup is a re-usable one I brought along incase I made enough for a cup of coffee. sadly I did not.

Bilbo

Based on the comments as well as TMZ's article, it's clear this guy is as good as Andy Kaufman at fooling people. He'll have a magical career, no doubt.

tellmeaboutit

Pathetic bid for attention brought to us, as usual, by reality tv. His parents should boot his ugly ass out in the street. And saying homeless people make 30k a year just begging says more about society, a preference for scamming instead of trying to work. This reptile is one of the reasons people don't and shouldn't hand out money to beggers.

jeremy

To call Magic Cyclops a dumbass means you aren't in on the joke either. I know the guy. Thanks for keeping this Denver legend in the news though (and head to Colorado to see his show at the Bluebird Theater in Denver this March)

kitty kowalski

PURE MAGIC. Doesn't anyone get he's taking the piss. Lighten up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments