Halle Berry

Wants Out of U.S.

Because of Death Threats

2/9/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118-halle-berry-ex-01
Halle Berry does not want to leave the U.S. for France with daughter Nahla because the food is so good over there ... she wants out of this country because she fears for her life and the life of her child.

TMZ broke the story ... Halle is asking a judge for permission to move to France with Nahla ... something Gabriel Aubry is trying to block.

We've learned there have been and are serious threats to Halle's life and she feels the move is a life or death situation.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Robert Hoskins, a mentally unstable man, escaped from a mental institution last week.

We've learned he has made threats against Halle's life -- specifically to "slit her throat."

Hoskins is no stranger to the law -- he has threatened to slit Madonna's throat in the past and was actually shot by her bodyguard in 1995 after he trespassed onto Madge's property.

And as we first reported, another stalker who recently trespassed onto Halle's property multiple times has just been released from jail.

Friends of Halle tell us ... she is particularly concerned because Starmaps and some Hollywood bus tours literally take tourists to her doorstep.

And Halle's friends say ... the actress is very concerned that baby daddy Gabriel Aubry is parading Nahla in front of paparazzi almost daily and possibly putting her in harm's way.

Bottom line -- Halle's M.O. for wanting to move is rooted in security ... not revenge.

Chia

Halle is an epic BIT#H! I wouldn't trust a thing she says.

Diana

OK, I am sick to death of Halle, Gabriel and this bullsh!). DO WHAT'S BEST FOR THE CHILD AND USUALLY THAT'S A MOTHER AND A FATHER. Grow the eff up you have enough money to fix this. What a shame and a disgrace!!

Bellaca

She's right about Gabriel and the paps. He calls the paps for his daily photo-ops to get the sympathy of the Halle haters on the web.

IKNEWit

This is a cry out for HELP! Why is it that major things have to happen for people to get what they ask for. This stalker is no joke, i'm not a celebrity and have experience the same situation in fact still going through been stalked and nothing is really being done about it, some men obviously don't want to except NO. then hire people to stalk you and they are STUPID enough to do it. i'm speaking from experience and it's no laughing matter at all. It's not something women make up.

elle

Security.....really? Could the fact that she's dating Oliver Martinez have anything to do with moving to France? No doubt there are some very unstable people who stalk celebrities, but what about moving to a more secure neighborhood or upgrading security for herself and her child.

PM2901

#99 - I'm a black woman. Thanks for trying to have our backs, but I call total BS on Halle. This is a crazy parent issue, not a black issue. I want to save the "it's because she's black" argument for when it's really needed. If it's used in this scenario, it dilutes the power of erradicating racism.

Alice

And I would believe this lying conniving woman why?

JaundicedEye

Total BS on Halle's part. If she wants security, she could easily move to a gated community or condo complex. There is no reason to move to France.

yupitsme

Plain and simple....Halle Berry: Woman scorned.

Bellaca

I love how TMZ uses a "crazy" looking picture of Halle, as if feeding the "Halle is crazy" stans.

IKNEWit

I think it's really sad that something bad has to happen in order for Halle to get the help she needs to protect her and her child. I'm no celebrity and I have been stalked and it's not fun. No laughing matter. All due to me saying NO to someone who has money. Now he pays my neighbors money to watch me etc and they are stupid enough to do...I really think in my case the loser is just trying to obviously scare me back into his arms but it's not WORKING. Women do not make this kind of thing up, you never know what it feels like till it happens to you... So don't be so quick to judge someone who is crying out for help. Gabriel has has plenty chances to be a family with Halle way before Olivier came into the picture, he wasn't being bother with Halle or Nahla back in the day, Now since Olivier has been in the picture he has been throwing his lil boy antics, cause he's mad at what he can no longer have. he know's it. I'm so glad Halle has a man like Olivier who has stood with her through all Gabriel lil boy antics and games. It's over Gabriel get your own life and grow up!

PM2901

Trust me, TMZ isn't really on Halle's side. They carefully worded the article to get a rise out of us. It worked; although, I stand by everything I wrote about cray-cray Halle.

karlew

Yeah that's a logical solution to her problem. Opportunistic bitch. The only reason she wants to go to France is to regularly screw two men. One literally and the other figuratively. Witches like this give decent women a bad name.

Pittsburgh's Finest

Something is seriously wrong with this woman. She is beautiful BUT every man she is with either cheats on her or beats her *ss. Either she doesnt know how to pick them, is a real victim, or just likes the drama.I believe that she just likes the drama. I am sorry ladies, I do not agree with a man beating on a woman. BUT a woman has to have done something for a man to beat you deaf in one ear.Unless the man is a psycho, he didnt wake up and say I'm gonna beat this b*tch deaf! Seriously, something is off with her!

DiM

I have a 4 and a half year old and if this were me, I would have her stay with her Dad full time until things calmed down. This would be the NORMAL response to this....not moving halfway around the world with a toddler because my 20 minute bf asked me. That isn`t mature at all.