Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

Jay W.

Regardless of the shocking moments either artist has or has not done in the past, it was the wrong venue for that stunt. M.I.A. is one gigantic piece of sh.t !

Johnny Carcinoma

I see the ageists are out in force.

It's either Madonna's an old prune or M.I.A. is a goddess.

Both are incorrect. Madonna is a legend still kicking it after decades in the biz, and M.I.A. is a poseur operating off of boyfriend's wealth and she defends the Tamil Tigers, who are straight up terrorists.

She also supports Hamas and Hezbollah. She's a fracking idiot.

6one9

MIA should have known better
BUT
She IS getting more attention than MaDonna IS
So much for a Brit Brit kissy face!

kar

That was the most exciting thing that happened during that show. Madonna was awful!

Tac

Punk rock????? It seems as though Madonna is as clueless as the people that hired her for the halftime show.

i said lesbians...

isnt this the same woman who dressed up like a bride and rolled around and humped the stage at the vmas? and the same woman who made out with britney spears 20 years later? O_o

TMP

THIS is news. No one says anything about the entire half time show being... awkward as hell?? Madonna's dancing and those dumb outfits. Madonna needs to face it, she's not 26 like she'd like people to think. She's old now. She could barely move and the entire routine was just... odd. MIA's career, or lack thereof is a joke.. she pulled a stunt to get her name back in the headlines. Mission accomplished.

Phreaky

You mean childish like dating someone young enough to be your son?
Horrible lip-synced 2-decades old music, horrible half-time show.

natalie

I didn't think it was a big deal, however Madonna's dancing was nasty...she should be the one apologizing. I'd much rather see a middle finger than Madonna's crotch.

Truth

Madonna is mad that her egomania halftime show didn't lead to everyone talking about Madonna again. 1989 is over. So are you.

InsaneYetSocial

Everything seems childish when you're 578 years old.

LeeMoney

"eh- yeah...making out with chicks on stage is soo last year too. Grow up MIA!"

infohollywood

the finger, of all the worlds problems... Well, more of a statement about boundaries and MIA. She expected attention and has got it.

jeff

If madonna had a stronger act and actually SANG instead of lipsyncing, that mia bitch wouldn't have to be there. If the dance routines are to exhausting to sing to, here's an idea, don't dance so much. madonna doesn't do anything that every other act is doing now. If jazz makes a comeback, madonna will be releasing her first jazz single next. And if it stinks, her fans will try to say it's incredibile. Joan Jett has way more talent.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Madonna wouldn't know what punk rock is (or was) if it bit her bony ass.