Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

lalaland

Punk Rock? Really? Sid Vicious is rolling in his grave right now.

logan

Hey, Madonna it was stupid and childish when you kissed Britney Spears on stage. Same difference. Both stupid, childish and not needed.

judi

good for her!! MIA was way out of line!! next time keep the show to yourself and forget about being nice!

ruserious

Yet kissing young girls on stage for effect is not irrelevant.

brad

I'm sure that if M.I.A. did what she did at a regular Madonna concert she wouldn't give a rip about it.

Madonna once humped an amplifier (like Jimi Hendrix used to) at one of her concerts when she was jamming on a Gibson Les Paul guitar to a Pantera hard rock song. I thought she looked cool and played guitar really good. You'd never see a pop star like Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera doing something like that. :)

Madonna is just mad because M.I.A. "upstaged" her. Any musician or actor would tell you that's NOT cool. Plus ... little kids were probably watching the Super Bowl halftime performance. Parents know that little kids shouldn't be going to Madonna concerts. Some concerts are definitely rated "R" ... especially the pop stars these days.

TJ

"It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... What was the point?"

Funny, that describes Madonna's 30 years of over-the-top antics to a T.

karlew

And that ridiculous Sex book issued in the early 90's wasn't a stupid teenage irrelevnt move? If ever anything screamed "look at me, look at me", it was that book. That said MIA isn't anywhere near Madonna's league and likely never will be.

SYLVI212

So, let me get this straight: Madonna, the QUEEN OF SKANK, has a problem with M.I.A. flipping a bird? My God, Madonna has "flashed" much worse in her career. How two-faced, Madge....

ray

BFD the ditch apologized to hodonna, one crappy whore to another. both should take a real long walk off a short pier. F.O. to both of them.

Dennis Johnson

M.I.A is just LOW LEVEL TRASH WITH NO TALENT AND REAL STUPID.Or maybe she saw a way to use Madge to get her some HOOD name.

Reyna38

that`s what happens to has been black wanna be singers. the outfits where horrible looking .. a big eye sore.... i turned the tv off and went out for a walk.. Madonna sucked big time .. who ever told her that this show was great, well they lied to her big time..

MrPurdue

It was not as offensive as her lipsyncing.

damnthis

that was out of place?...but her controversial "like a prayer" song back in the day was appropriate?...what goes around comes around Madonna...she just mad cause they are not talkin about her ancient arse...which by the way...I believe was her theme for the show..."ancient"!...middle finger to everything Madonna has to say about this incident!...SHE'S JUST JEALOUS!!!

brad

lalaland:

I'm suspect that if Sid Vicious from "The Sex Pistols" did a song with Madonna at the Super Bowl he'd drop his pants and moon everyone. :-)

The people that do the Super Bowl halftime show wouldn't be dumb enough to trust Sid Vicious or any of the guys in their band. Other shows that are "live" are going to be hesitant to invite M.I.A. in the future. She can't be trusted.

OBAMA CLAUS

MAD. should be happy , MIA gave good publicity , for free. Now go home granny and grow some roses or something.