Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

ScottyJ

Madonna is just jealous MIA stole her limelight.

Freddy

Funny she called M.I.A. teenage behavior when she was the one that needed help to do cartwheels on stage trying to act like a teenager. Get over yourself Madonna you haven't been relevant in 10 years and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Max Moller

Madonna looks fantastic in the above picture.

Mark

Remember when Madonna kissed Britney?

Max Moller

Maddona looks fantastic in the above picture. She is a stunning beatiful woman.

brad

Maybe it's not her all time best song, but I think Madonna's BRAND NEW SONG "Gimme All Your Luvin" is a LOT better than some of the crappy garbage that some people refer too as "music" these days ... especially some of the rap music.

SOME of the rap music guys like Snoop Dog, Eminem and Run DMC created some good music. Some of the rap and pop artists these days manage to have top 10 hits and their songs are just terrible. It's all flashing their cash, fancy cars, acting tough, teats and azz, etc. Same old thing over and over. They need learn their craft better and make some quality songs.

Kat

HA! Pot kettle black much MADGE? Please. She has no right to judge anyone for immature actions! GET OVER YOURSELF BITCH!

ALTHOUGH, I AGREE it was stupid.

Mandy

Celebrities are so desperate for attention now a days "loookkk attt meeeeeee!" I agree, it was just too out of place.. She didnt look cool, she looked stupid..and desperate for attention
"The United States has restricted her access into and out of the country during her career since the release of her debut album." hmmmm

Gita

The QUEEN is correctomundo. Stupid MIA.

Richard

WHO ???

Joe

What a hypocrite... She used to do stupid things for attention. She still does!

deanna

THE ISSUE IS THIS IS A FAMILY SHOW AND PEOPLE HAVE YOUNG KIDS WATCHING IT I ARGEE M.I A HAS NO CLASS AND THE DIFFRENTS BETWEEN THE TWO THIS WAS T.V

Carinine Doussou

I think its weird that madonna would call MIA action as childish and irrelevant ESPECIALLY Coming from her.

Jason

Madonnas OLD ASS is out of place. Someone get her off the stage before she breaks a hip. lol time to retire

Jerome

You're all envious of Madonna, you morons. M.I.A. can take his apology and shove that. He's an immature ahole.