Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

Doc

Don't always agree with Madonna. Who the hell am I kidding, I NEVER agree with Madonna, however, I have to make an exception this time. As uncool as it was for Madonna to Lip Sync through the performance, the real tragedy was M.I.A. throwing up the middle finger. It served no purpose other than to show how ignorant she could be on live TV

steamroller

Punk Rock?Really!!
You Got the Punk Part Right At Least!!

SSG Sesma

What a Hypocrite. Madonna just mad someone else is getting the attention. Grabbing her crotch is way mature..Madonna your performance was Mediocre at best.

O_o

...and THAT is why u r MADONNA, and she is...well, M.I.A.

Axel

This coming from the woman who kissed Britney Spears dueing an awards show?

Ozzie X

M.I.A is a P.O.S

Megadeth

When Madonna first said this she was in her "I can do a British accent" mode, she has real issues with people who can speak that way better than her.

Surfer Gal

"A feeling of love and good energy?" Really? As my friend said, (who is very jaded & not religious) "Guess we are all pagans now after seeing Madonna's satanic Super Bowl show."

mellymay

in other news, demi moore begins giving everyone the finger...

Sonya in Tx

This rebuke from the woman who made the "Sex" book with as many nude pictures of herself that she could get away with...

brad

On the Ryan Seacrest show, Madonna should have said that what M.I.A. did was not appropriate to do at the Super Bowl because little kids were watching the game and so forth.

Then she should have said if M.I.A. wants to flip the bird at a Madonna concert this year she can do it there and be as lewd as the local cops will allow.

At least M.I.A. called Madonna and apologized. Because of that, maybe Madonna will invite her to do "Gimme All Your Luvin" at a few cities during the tour. I suspect that Madonna and M.I.A. will "hug it out" like they say on the show "Entourage" and everything will be cool. Er, maybe. We'll see.

jackie

She forgot about all the nasty things she has done. What about the "**** you-middle finger" performance of Human Nature with Britney on stage!!!!!

decdetdes

It was a childish gesture. Why did she do it? I am in total agreement with Madge on this. It was definitely out of place.

stella

yes . . . madonna has never done anything inappropriate just to draw attention to herself . . . other than, you know, her entire career.

Mickey Kafka

Madonna just wishes she thought of doing it.