Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

tgrfan42069

madonna is just mad that all the talk was about mia's finger and not her lack luster lip syncing act

ForgetYou

I am offended that madonna is so easily offended. M.I.A. was wrong, stupid, ridiculous and a whole raft of things negative, but she has apologised. Whether she needed to apologise to Madonna is a whole other question. When has Madonna ever apologised for anything?

Happy

The sad thing is we are still talking about this POS MIA. She needs to go MIA and not come back! Stupid is as stupid does.

jason

If I were an MIA fan and had spent my hard earned money on her music and concerts I think I'd be pretty pissed off at the little bitch. She basically said "thanks for making me a millionaire suckers, now f*** off!"

Regina

What MIA did was MILD compared to what Madonna did back in the day. You mean to tell me that she didn't have a clue as to what she was going to do?? Doesn't anybody do research on these people beforhand or do they just ask them to perform because they are younger than her and might draw a younger audience to Madonna. She's just jealous, plain and simple. MIA got more attention than she did and it is driving her crazy!!!
And since when was football a "peace, love, dope hippie thing?? I thought the whole purpose was to rip the ball out of the other teams hands and pulverize them. Did she even know where she was at??? That's why I call it The Stupid Bowl.

olga

her movements are strange olga

Robert

This is funny because Madonna used being controversal to her advantage for years and years. Now she is being the grownup? Re-damn-diculous

brad

Madonna does have a point when she said that M.I.A. was acting like a teenager by ignoring what the Super Bowl people told her NOT to do. It was a rebellious teenager kind of thing to do ... like ignoring your parents when they say you have to be home by midnight or whatever.

If you google M.I.A. it says she's 36 years old. She's HARDLY some greenhorn 18 year old pop singer like Miley Cyrus.

Yes, when Madonna was 36 in the 1990s she probably did plenty of mildly lewd stuff on stage but she has enough COMMON SENSE to know that it's not appropriate to act like that when little kids are watching like at the Super Bowl. She knows that for some gigs she has to do them "G" rated. In others gigs she can do them "R" rated. M.I.A. knew good and darned well that she had to do the Super Bowl at least "PG" rated.

Madonna acting a little unladylike and raunchy at one of her concerts is no big deal. The fans kind of expect her do to it. I'd be disappointed if she didn't! That's what makes her concerts fun to watch.

If parents let their under 14 kids go to see Madonna in concert or they let them watch some of her sexy videos on YouTube then it's the parent's fault for not putting parental control software on their computers and TV and keeping an eye on them.

MIA fans

M.I.A. made a mistake. Media has overblown this silly mistake.

Madonna benefited by having MIA on the show. Otherwise it would have been boring.

But all MIA fans are glad she did it. She's become even more famous now.

MIA's new single/video 'Bad Girls' is great. See it on youtube

Cid

When Madonna did squats and spread her legs I threw up in my mouth

KittyKat

I like how the media wanted it to be made clear that MIA's husband was wealthy, so what, is that a new excuse for ignorance and no class? No worries Madonna..you're still the queen of pop and think twice next time about giving someone an opportunity.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I'm sorry Marge, did you say "irrelevant?" That's you, bitch. You're irrelevant. You're long since over and done. Your tour will flop, and you are a withered old hag.

tellmeaboutit

Funny how some of you pinheads that say Madonna is old and should retire don't mention that her audience for the half time show was higher than the audience for the game!! And she had an injury to cope with too. LOL As for MIA, she's a disposable no talent ho desperate for attention. Madonna should have gotten someone a little higher on the food chain to give a break to. Notice that Minaj appreciated her chance to appear with Madonna and did a good job, even though she's doing fine on her own. Rock on, Madonna!

dj

Immature stupid punk gesture. There is no respect for anyone, anything, or self respect in the population any more. People think stuff like that makes them cool, it just shows lack of self respect and ignorance.

chrisdiaz