Samuel L. Jackson

I Voted for Obama

BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

2/11/2012 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack Obamas politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson
Barack Obama's politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson because the "Pulp Fiction" star only voted for the president for one reason and one reason only ... because he's black.

In an interview with Ebony magazine, Jackson explained, "I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn't mean [bleep] to me."

Jackson then went on to drop the N-word several times when discussing Obama, telling the mag, "When it comes down to it, they wouldn't have elected a [bleep]. Because, what's a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain't scary at all. [Bleeps] don't have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don't let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?' I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, 'cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected."

Smacks of ... Obama needs to Black it up.

1951.

robear

Wait, if you don't vote for him because he's black, you're a racist. Hmmm, but if you vote for him only because he's black, hmmm that makes you a, hmm, what would you call that . . . Yes, a racist!

1952.

Ken

I made a similar mistake when I was a liberal by voting for the first black Governor in history (Douglas Wilder, VA, 1989). I was so proud of myself for voting for him then, regretted it later....

1953.

Kathy

It is always disappointing when someone goes out of their way to prove their stupidity. You would think at his advanced age, he would have more wisdom and would take the leadership of our country more serious.

Everyone - research first before voting for your candidate! Then you will be making an informed choice and not follow the example of a stupid actor.

1954.

Mike T

judged him by the color of his skin, not the content of his character... MLK hangs his head in shame... and so do i.

1955.

rod

Jackson is an ignorant, moronic, racist, pig. I will never pay to see another movie that this waste of a vote has any role in.

1956.

Dean

If you vote against someone because of their skin color, you are a racist. If you vote for someone because of their skin color, you too are a racist. Thanks Jackson for clearing that up.

1957.

Mike

Using Mr Jackson's logic, as a white man, it would be perfectly legitimate for me to not vote for Obama because he is black.

1958.

ires

I was a fan --- no longer. His ignorance and lack of education shows thru-and-thru. I've met many blacks who voted for the Snake in the WH because of the color of his skin. It's no wonder they are still scraping bottom.

1959.

Ed Barbar

I like Samuel Jackson's movies. I think he is a great actor, in so many movies.

Using Jackson's arguments, I should stop watching his movies, and watch movies with inferior white actors.

1960.

Uptime

What else would we expect from a pure moron? We all KNOW that's why you voted for him. You're an idiot.

1961.

JimiHendrix

I appreciate his honesty. It's about time the rest of the country admitted the primary reason they voted for Obama was because he is black. What poor decision criteria to make such an important choice and I don't mean BECAUSE he is black but because the color of anyone's skin is COMPLETELY irrelevant. I don't blame Obama for our troubled economy. I blame all of the idiots who voted for him because they somehow thought a person's skin tone somehow correlates to an ability to be our leader.

1962.

Yirmin

Actions have consequences. I like many I know will no longer watch any movies in which he is a part. It might not kill him at the box office, but it will lead to his pay checks getting smaller and if it amounts to only a dollar less for this fool, then it is one less dollar the fool can use to support his ignorance.

1963.

snoopy

Most liberals I know are racist.This is great it reveals how deep their payback mentality runs.Morgan Freeman has recently opened his fat mouth as well while he sat with his niece/wife.I find many blacks more racist than whites these days.It is accepted thought in many communities even the so-called educated communities.

1964.

Ar Amytas

That's funny that was exactly WHY I didn't vote for the N.

1965.

Ruskin Lines

why is this newsworthy?
he's one of the many

Previous 15 Comments | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments