Samuel L. Jackson

I Voted for Obama

BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

2/11/2012 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack Obamas politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson
Barack Obama's politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson because the "Pulp Fiction" star only voted for the president for one reason and one reason only ... because he's black.

In an interview with Ebony magazine, Jackson explained, "I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn't mean [bleep] to me."

Jackson then went on to drop the N-word several times when discussing Obama, telling the mag, "When it comes down to it, they wouldn't have elected a [bleep]. Because, what's a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain't scary at all. [Bleeps] don't have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don't let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?' I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, 'cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected."

Smacks of ... Obama needs to Black it up.

Gretel

Oh my. I guess that means it's okay that a lot of people give Mr Jackson credit for being a "good actor" because he's black? If he voted for a person because of the color of their skin, it shows that he's racist AND stupid.

buzz kill

As long as ignorant,uninformed people are allowed to vote this country will continue it's slide into a third world status. This is not American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. Wake up people, or maybe we should have to pass a literacy a test to vote.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

It isn't as if "smart" people don't vote for a candidate for "dumb" reasons.

It doesn't matter, they're all the same guy--they convince you that they're going to make it all better, but they're just going to make it better for their "club" and don't kid yourselves, you're not in their "club" and you never will be.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

sounds like dialog from one of Tarantino's movie

Gretel

PS for Mr Jackson: I'm looking at that picture up here on TMZ and I have to say, with all of the money you have I would think you could have gotten a better set of dentures. My Pappy has nicer dentures than you and he's just a regular old hardworking Joe.

Missie

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I have no doubt whatsoever that the color of his skin was why most voted for Obama. Sad but true.

moe

Most people who voted for Obama was because he is black! DUH! There also was not much of a choice!

freaksloan

It is people like Sam Jackson that give Black People a bad name.

Lisa

What a racist idiot. People vote based on color?? Then how is it that a black man was elected into office when the majority of voters are white?

Barbarascy

Well I give him credit for being honest. Not particularly intelligent, but honest.

Jean

Why is it that a black person can use the "N" word and it's just fine? But, if a white person uses that word - the white person is labeled a racist??!! And, taking this further - why is that there's a Black History Month but if we tried to get a White History Month - OMG! And, how is that there is a BET Award Show and that's just fine - but if an awards show for just whites was proposed all hell would break loose? All kinds of this stuff happens and it seems to be okay. I don't get it.

GoAwayMarthahz

[bleep] please!

Mayu

So, voting for him because he is black and not for his policies is fine... but voting against him because of his policies and not because he's black is still racist? And people wonder why our economy is still in the c.rapper

b

Right on. I love his honesty. No one new who this senator from Chicage was. He is president because he is black. People chose him over a war hero with 40 years experience be cause they wanted change. In other words not another white guy. Not that he had any message. Truth hurts

Sabrina

It's a known fact 80% of black voters (surveyed) admitted they voted for Obama because he was black.
So here's someone speaking the truth.
I voted for him, don't give a damn what race he was, just pissed his weenie shrunk 3 sizes and never stood up to the Repubs.