Samuel L. Jackson

I Voted for Obama

BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

2/11/2012 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack Obamas politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson
Barack Obama's politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson because the "Pulp Fiction" star only voted for the president for one reason and one reason only ... because he's black.

In an interview with Ebony magazine, Jackson explained, "I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn't mean [bleep] to me."

Jackson then went on to drop the N-word several times when discussing Obama, telling the mag, "When it comes down to it, they wouldn't have elected a [bleep]. Because, what's a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain't scary at all. [Bleeps] don't have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don't let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?' I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, 'cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected."

Smacks of ... Obama needs to Black it up.

jeff

Imagine if someone in Hollywood said they didn't vote for him because he was black. And, btw, isn't he half black? Wouldn't that make him just as white as he is black?

jdubu2

To say you don't give a [bleep] about our president and vote strictly on skin color, not only is it offensive, it is truly disturbing! ignorant a$$holes like SLJ should not be allowed to vote. come on when are people going to learn that people like SLJ are what keeps racism alive and as sick as ever in the world. I guarantee if a person like Mel Gibson said something like that, it would be on every news and network for a month. SLJ owes President Obama and the American public an apology. and i will NEVER watch another movie he is in. we ALL need to BOYCOTT this dumba$$!!!!

Flower

Blame Game: 21 minutes ago
Yeah, and like most Americans they want everything NOW NOW NOW for them. Honestly, it took Bush 8 years for mess up everything, why do you think it will take ONE presidential term to fix everything?

Mainly, Blame Game, because Obama himself said "If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” (Today Show, Feb 2009) He also said "I will be held accountable". Well, that's all I want...for him to be held accountable..and be a one-term president.

Kennedy

Voting for a President just because he is black is just as bad as not voting for a Presisent because he is black.

obama'saracist

what a raging racist.if a white guy said he didnt vote for obama based solely on the color of his skin all the racist black loud mouthed sob's would be saying boycott him/her etc so boycott this racist sob

lalet

And that is exactly why we have an idiot in office.

Grace

Another ignorant voter. That is why we have the terrible President that we have today. I vote for the person who will do the best job and who LOVES THIS COUNTRY!

franck

well i can clearly see that tmz is just a front for the arain brotherhood organization so that they can meet online and bash blacks world wide from their collective homes so i will now denounce tmz from my memory banks as well as a reliable source of information because it clearly only has racist bigots who cant stand a black man because they do not understand his plight so with that being said suck my big black ****** ****!!!!!!!!1

Mikey

A Black History Month Moment brought to you by Samuel L. Jackson

me

this kinda makes me sick. people really shouldnt vote unless they educate themselves on what they are voting for. voting based on color.....wow I think he just knocked black people back 20 years.

JB

Take a breath, everybody. Obama's election made HISTORY. How can you blame Jackson, or any other African-American, for wanting that. I find his honesty refreshing, although I think he wants to try & revive his career with some controversial comments.

Missy

1/2 Black that is! But way to show what an uninformed voter you are!

Bird

Instead of being mad at Obama for not being able to fix the mess we're in, why don't we blame the man who made the mess in the first place? George Bush CHEATED his way into getting elected, and then spent the next 8 years (yes, Americans were STUPID enough to vote for him twice) f_cking our country over in every possible way. George Bush sounded mentally challenged child when he made a speech, but since he threw in "God Bless America" here and there, people loved him. George Bush got us into the war in the middle east, which costs this country around 7 BILLION a WEEK to maintain. Instead of blaming Obama for not magically being able to fix this sh_t storm in 4 short years, blame the f_ck head who got us into it. When Bush got elected, everything was good. Bill Clinton had been taking care of us pretty well. In 8 years, we went from being the most respected country in the world, to being the most hated. F_ck Bush. It's gonna take a lot more than Mitt "I don't care about poor people" Romney or Newt "on my third marriage, cuz I'm a cheating sack of crap" Gingrich to fix this sh_t.

Mallory

Hey, guess what? He's white too!! Dumb ass.

Jah36

Of course! That's pretty much why all black people voted for Obama. Take a look at his approval rating within the black community. It's over 90% in spite of his dismal performance as president. Perhaps one of the worst presidents in American history and over a 90% approval rating among blacks. It's just a racist to vote for someone because they're black, as it is to not vote for someone because they're black!