Chloe Grace Moretz

'Hugo's' Poor Ticket Sales

Cost Her Money!

2/11/2012 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_chloe_moretz_tmz_EX
If you didn't go see "Hugo" in the theaters this holiday season, congratulations ... you took money right out of the pocket of the adorable Chloë Grace Moretz ... at least according to the details of her contract.

According to Chloë's minors contract for the movie "Hugo," her deal for the flick was filled with all sorts of different incentives. In addition to getting paid a $225,000 base salary, she would have gotten $25,000 if she had been nominated for a Golden Globe or Oscar (she was not) and $25k and $50k respectively had she won.

In addition, Chloë's contract calls for her to get a $25,000 bonus if the movie makes between $150 and $225 million domestically ... and $50,000 if it tops $250 million.

According to Rotten Tomatoes, the movie has only made $61 mil so far.

With five movies listed as either in, pre, or post-production ... Chloë should be just fine.

Bang!

That's a really crappy contract.

oh and First.

USChicksAreFat

What a horrible contract. A measely $50k for hundreds of millions in additional revenue? She should forever reject any similar contracts in the future. What an outrage.

Phreaky

Chloe is also the subject of a blind item that says she is already drinking and possibly drugging it up, so get used to seeing her on TMZ.

tgrfan42069

uh this title is misleading.she didnt lose money from her pocket.she just didnt get the bonus's tmz needs to quit trying to make a story when there isnt one.

Ammy

Yo Phreaky, she's not the subject of anything. That's nothing more than internet imbeciles throwing her name out in a comment section and people like you running with it as if it's some sort of fact. Quit peddling garbage.

Honey Badger Don't Care

Chloë Grace Moretz is a phenomenal actress! This talented girl is going to be around for a long time. Check her out in "Let Me In" and "Kick Ass"... both great movies.
This Honey Badger is a big fan of Chloë Moretz.

goosling

she has a reese witherspoon chin

afjioeqjioe

I am surprised that she has such a low base salary.

Slomoshun

Sounds like Chloe needs to find a new agent and maybe act her age and not worry about money right now.

Em

The contract wasn't great, but when you're offered a Scorsese movie you don't say no, especially if you are a young emerging actress.

Josh Alpert

Joke's on whoever spent the millions to make HUGO. Apparently, Chloe is a shoe-in for best actress in HICK.
(Along with up-and-comer Eddie Redmayne.)
The rotten tomatoes "want to see" for HICK is 98%.
(Sucks cause it ain't coming out til spring.)
I heard this film puts SHAME to shame in terms of controversy.
(Not to mention Blake Lively as a hot con-artist.)
I don't know about you, but count me in!
Word on the street is that Miss Moretz also just landed the lead role in BABYFACE, a shoot'em up with a not-to-be-mentioned ubercool English director.
Yeah, I'm sure she'll be fine...
Although, it's true, maybe she should fire her manager.
(And make a 3 pic deal with the Weinstein Company.)

55vineyard

Sorry I saw the previews and it just did not interest me.

Chloe Lover

Awwwwwwwww i really really wanted to see it but couldnt because of being sooo busy because she made me want to make an acting career myself and i feel bad now:( love you Chloè Grace Moretz 😊

EMO EMU

Except you haven't seen it. And it's rad.

I live in Toronto. I saw it. (HICK) With 5 of my friends. Maybe because we aren't old farts we didn't hate it.

There were 3 of us that liked it better than anything else there. And, just so you know, all the girls were crying at the end of the movie. Chloe is amazing. Blake is hot and really good in it. None of us had ever seen of or even heard of Eddie Redmayne, but 2 of the girls went back to see it, just to see him.
(Because I guess now they're in love with him.)

Trust me, you gotta see it. Also, there's this scene in it with some guy in a white suit that is like completely insane. I still think about it and start laughing.

Maybe you're right and the Oscar crowd will be too fuddy-duddy to get it. I mean, they are an old bunch. But I'm telling you, it's gonna ruffle feathers. Believe dat.

Dorinha

Do you know Ingrid K. by any chance? Just curious.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments