« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NY Knicks Star Jeremy Lin

I Wanna be Just Like Tim Tebow!

2/11/2012 5:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jeremy Lin is the biggest sensation to hit sports since Tim Tebow burst on the scene -- and wouldn't you know it ... Lin says Tebow is one of his biggest inspirations.

In case you've missed out on Linsanity -- Jeremy has come out of nowhere to be the New York Knicks starting point guard. He's scored more points in his first three career starts than any modern era NBA player ... and he's a devout Christian.

Before dropping 38 on Kobe Bryant and the Lakers last night, Lin -- who said he may become a minister after his playing days -- told 95.7 FM in San Francisco that he's inspired by and really respects Tebow.

Lin explained, "I actually want to be able to do some of the things that he does in terms of the amount of charity work and the non-profit work, and the way he impacts people off the field. I think that is what is most inspiring to me about him."

If this keeps up, church attendance is going to go through the roof.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EarthAngel

That has to be one of your lamest polls ever....bored much??

Cleveland V Davisc

Thanks to Lin the Knicks are now playing team ball, they are no longer a cheering squad for you know who dig it?

Jake

Great poll! Both are excellent players on and off the field. Great review!

Candyee

My friend introduced me a good site ════════════════════════════╮
www.W’ealthyChat.com
╰══════════════════════════╯
The  best club for seeking rich singles,hot and sexy beauties. What's the  most important is that you don't have to be a millionaire, but you can  meet one, It is worth a try!

Mayu

I think that's cool. This guy's inspired to do more charitable work. Its better than being inspired to be the next teen mom, or Michael Vick or Jerry Sandusky, or to be on the next version of Real Housewives. Too bad people like to joke about Tebow instead of following his example and try to do good for others, be charitable, have some standards, and maybe a few morals. The world would be a lot nicer of a place if we had more Tim Tebows doing acts of charity than Teen Moms getting arrested for drugs or fights every 5 minutes

buzz kill

Finally sports figures that can actually be considered role models for American youths.

Sabrina

How'd Tebow burst onto the scene? The ass hat has been pissing me off since 2007. Hrm, go 'Noles.

OOIIOOOI

*pssssst*
you dont see lin taking a knee after every shot he makes do you. hehehe ;)

jake

Where in that quote did Lin say he wanted to be like "just like Tebow" ESPN just had to find another way to talk about Tebow. And now it looks like ESPN is going run lin's story into the ground just like they did with Tebow.

Dan

Tim and Lin sound like twins. It's crazy how they have the same voice. It must be a christian generation thing or what happens for lack of trim.

Butterfly

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE NOR THE TIME, BUT, I have to say this to Tim Tebow. It has been reported that Kim Kardashian has set her sights on you. She is taking bible lessons knowing how deeply religious you are which is her "suttle" way of attracting your attention. She and her family, particularly Kris Jenner, her mother, will destroy you just as they are going "all out" to destroy Kris Humphries who, right now, is the victim of being caught in the middle of, probably, becoming one of the greatest disasters of his entire life. Please, be AWARE and try not to permit these people to invade your privacy and your life! I apologize for my statement, but, I HAD to say it. Blessings, and, Good Luck!

trem

If he wants to be just like Tebow he needs to stop playing so good and start sucking it up.

peter

I like the part where you made up a quote for the title as if Jeremy said it himself. Let me try one:

TMZ WRITING STAFF: We All *********! Click Here!

upyours