Whitney Houston

Found Dead in the Bathtub

2/11/2012 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_whitney_hosuton_ex_1
Beverly Hilton hotel employees tell TMZ ... Whitney Houston was found dead in the bathtub of her room.

As we previously reported, a member of Whitney's entourage discovered her unresponsive and called hotel security, who then called 911.

We're told police arrived to the scene within minutes and fire was already there on an unrelated call. Paramedics performed CPR, but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

Our sources say there were no obvious signs of foul play, but BH PD detectives have begun a full investigation.

As of this post, cops are still waiting on a warrant to search the room.

Peter James

I was linked to your website while doing some research for my store. All that I saw made me glad that: 1) I don't have a television and 2) I'm glad that I did not breed and add to the mess that my dear home state of California has become.

mjnaus

My youger brother Michael died in the same way Whitney Houston died, in a hotel room discovered in a bathtub underwater. I wrote and published a book about my brothers death and wrongful death jury trial. The book is titled "Hidden Death Trap" and can be researched on amazon.com. My brother was 42 yrs old and his birthday is on Feb. 11th. Marvin J. Naus / Las Vegas / Ph# 702-243-5652

iris washington

My deepest sympathy and condolences to the Houston family. Me and Ms. Houston share something in common we were both born on the same day,year and same age. Rest in Peace. We love you,You will be Miss.Angel in the Sky.

judyallocco

So very sad,great voice,no one match her !!!!! Prayers are going out to her family.RIP....

Rick

I remember Whitney the way she was - beautiful, vibrant and so very talented with the voice of an absolute angel. Her performance in the movie "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner exemplified her overall incredible talent. Her death is a sad and tragic and senseless loss, and a chilling reminder to us all: DRUGS DESTROY!

badar

i miss you .............................
my love i your love forever.............
i miss you & l love you ................
chairman,
szab foundation.

Retired

Why should Brown be charged with manslaughter. It's not like she didn't have free will, and she definitely willingly took drugs with him. She was responsible for her own actions. It's sad she ended up this way, but it's not anyone else's fault. She could have gotten up, gotten clean, and gotten her daughter out of that mess of a marriage long ago.

nadielly

uma grande perda para o mundo inteiro!!!!!!!!

sandra brewer

What a great lose,gone to soon.My prayers to the family.

Jenny

Have you guys seen the autopsy yet??? SO FREAKING SAD!!!

A fan

There is a contradiction here. Her stylist, hairdresser, and two bodyguards, were in the same room and stated that she had been in the bathroom for over an hour. On the other hand, her mom Cissy Houston stated that she had spoken with her daughter Whitney 25-30 minutes before she died. That means that Whitney couldn't have been under water for that long and she probably was not in the bathroon for over an hour at all. Perhaps she just passed out and was placed in the water to wake her up, but was left alone too long and she just slipped under water. I don't know but these sort of "accidents" occur to people who need care but are alone. It's not usual for this to happen to a star with addiction problems such as Whitney Houston, and with 4 people waiting for her just outside her bathroom's door!! There is something wrong here!!!!

gabbi clemons

#Ehitney Houston will be gone, but never forgotten just always kmow that all of your big fans will still love you and your family will too. #Rest In Paradise Whitney Elizabeth Houston at least that's what I think your middle name is.

L

She & her singing were alive in the 1980s & early '90s. Since then, she's been gone (downhill) for a while. It's not so surprising now.

Houston family

I heart and prayers goes out to Bobby Krintina and Ms. Houston. The song writers says "
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal. Trust God even in the situation because God knows just how much you can bear. Read Psalms 23 and I Thesssaians. We shall not all sleep but we will be caught up in the air to meet the Lord and we will ever be with him. I pray that Ms. Houston said Yes to God and you will see her again.

charles