Dionne Warwick & Cissy Houston

Whitney Seemed Fine

Just Before Death

2/11/2012 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_dionne_warwick_whitney_houston_ex
Dionne Warwick
 and Cissy Houston spoke with Whitney Houston by phone just before she died and say Whitney seemed fine ... TMZ has learned.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ. We're told they talked about attending the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party.

Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.

The people in touch with Dionne say she is inconsolable adding, "She is an absolute mess."

As for Cissy, we're told she is "hysterical."

PanicSync

Houston, you had a problem!

neeve

She stroked out. Or an MI. Poor baby. What a sad, sad day.

PanicSync

Houston, you had a problem!

Dr. Berni Massari

Whitney and family members, I will send prayers for your peace. I believed that the world loved her voice as I did, and always will. I am stand in grief with your family. Words are not powerful enough at this moment of sadness.
Dr. Berni Massari

umm

This is incredibly sad news but people need to stop blaming her ex husband for everything. Whitney and Bobby both had problems before they got together, they were both responsible for their own demise

Truthteller

Look this up on Wikipedia:

Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome

You all may be surprised as to what can happen AFTER someone has quit. AWS is life threatening, and ANY alcohol ingested after a period of withdrawal can actually be lethal. Case in point: Amy Whinehouse. Seriously. Look it up. It's high time the media get educated about AWS.

laker201035

God must have needed another angel to sing in the choir. Now you can finally EXHALE!!! God Bless you....

Ghost

It's probably the most ignorant statement I have ever read in my life. These two idiots say that Whitney seemed fine right before she died. She was a mess two nights before and has struggled with drug abuse for the last ten years. Are these two morons trying to cover their azzes or are they still in denial about how much trouble Whitney was in. Shoot these two stupid Bitchus please. (spelled wrong on purpose). God rest Whitney's soul. She's at peace now.

Dana M. Lizenby

I just am baffled! She looks like she's in good spirits and healthy from all accounts, seeing last nights pic. But, I'm in SHEER DISBELIEF!!! I see this this tonight(been offline yesterday and last night, and today till after 11 tonight), at the same time as opening facebook and seeing the RIP, and was nothing short of slackjawed seeing both at same time, so I had to put this pic and the story of her death in Variety online, with these comments. I'm shocked. I was looking forward to seeing if she'd be at the Grammy's tomorrow night, but now, I am just praying for her family and her soul.
RIP Whitney, much love, many thanks for the memories and music over these years, and hope your soul is at rest right now, your battles over.

Truthteller

Dana M. Lizenby

Mexine

This is a heartbreak hotel! But I will always Love you because you were the greatest Love of all. I’m so emotional right now. I feel as if I have nothing. Will someone please tell me: where do broken hearts go?
It’s not right, but it’s ok. I believe in you and me. Didn’t we almost have it all? How will I know? Nonetheless, I am saving my Love for you until you come back to me. This is one moment in time when I can truly say that my Love is your Love. But I keep asking: Why does it hurt so bad? Whatchulookinat?! Don’t you all know I learned from the best. And any time I did wanna dance with somebody, I look to you. But for now, step by step, I will try to Exhale and I will always love you.

Mexine

It’s not right, but it’s ok. I believe in you and me. Didn’t we almost have it all? How will I know? Nonetheless, I am saving my Love for you until you come back to me. This is one moment in time when I can truly say that my Love is your Love. But I keep asking: Why does it hurt so bad? Whatchulookinat?! Don’t you all know I learned from the best. And any time I did wanna dance with somebody, I look to you. But for now, step by step, I will try to Exhale.

sparkle

We will truly truly miss this legend...and i mean L E G E N D....Whitney HOUSTON was thee best..at what she did....BABE' I got the shivers when i saw this.... OMG.. may her FAMILY BE SURROUNDED/AND TRULY BLESSED WITH ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THOUGHTS AND MEMORIES....A SOLDIER GONE TOO EARLY .HAVE MERCY ON HER SOUL....THANK GOD ALMIGHTY AMEN

De Angeles Davis

Shocked and saddened. What a great talent. I will truly, truly miss Whitney! To Cissy, you have to be a mother to understand a mother's love and the struggles a mother go through when involved with a troubled child. My heart and prayers go out to you. God Bless you, will be praying for you, Bobbi Christina and the rest of the family...nothing but love for Whitney in Detroit!