Dionne Warwick & Cissy Houston

Whitney Seemed Fine

Just Before Death

2/11/2012 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_dionne_warwick_whitney_houston_ex
Dionne Warwick
 and Cissy Houston spoke with Whitney Houston by phone just before she died and say Whitney seemed fine ... TMZ has learned.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ. We're told they talked about attending the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party.

Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.

The people in touch with Dionne say she is inconsolable adding, "She is an absolute mess."

As for Cissy, we're told she is "hysterical."

De Angeles Davis

Shocked and saddened. What a great talent. I will truly, truly miss Whitney! To Cissy, you have to be a mother to understand a mother's love and the struggles a mother go through when involved with a troubled child. My heart and prayers go out to you. God Bless you, will be praying for you, Bobbi Christina and the rest of the family...nothing but love for Whitney in Detroit!

carla

Addiction is a disease . Not chosen and very hard to cure. Do not judge it and realize its like cancer.

w

carla: 4 minutes ago

WHAT!!! It was chosen the minute she shoved the pipe in her mouth, are you kidding me, never compare it to cancer say that to the millions suffering with it and you may just get smacked in the face, no one forces you to smoke crack and get addicted. She should of known better

vivian westbrook

Sadly, Whitney could not overcome her demons.. When you are a milionaire, you have unlimited resources. Such a tragedy, yet not a surprise. God Bless her soul. God comfort her family.

Vee

So glad to see so many saints on this site. I guess I'll give you my confession instead of my priest. I will always remember the music and the good times I had listening to Ms. Houston. My heartfelt condolences to her family. smh Too soon.

Don'tYaJustLuvIt?

Of course Whitney's mother is hysterical and Dionne is inconsolable; we all are and we only know Whitney vicariously! Come on TMZ!

James

I grieve no more for addicts who do themselves in by their own hand. When you temp the devil, you die.

Holly

Condolences to her family. To us she was an iconic singer, to them a much loved mother, daughter and neice.

Brenda Taylor

It's just so sad, I'm praying for her entire family at this this, even her ex-husband he needs it also.

Brenda Taylor

Remember, we all fall short in this lifetime!

Garvin Emille

My condolences to the family.

Tony

Whitney always was ghetto trash. She died as anyone would have expected, only about 20 years too late thanks to her money. Off to "heaven," where she can eat ketchup sandwiches and smoke crack with the rest of her ilk. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Superman

Sounds like they were enablers, not real family.

val

My heart is heavy with sadnes about Whitney Houston. She was an outstanding singer and good actress. Everytime, I watch a signing contest there is alway someone who sings one of Whitney's songs. This is her beauty and her impact. Lets remember all that was good about her.

TheBride

Drug abuse. Greatest thief of all.