Dionne Warwick & Cissy Houston

Whitney Seemed Fine

Just Before Death

2/11/2012 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_dionne_warwick_whitney_houston_ex
Dionne Warwick
 and Cissy Houston spoke with Whitney Houston by phone just before she died and say Whitney seemed fine ... TMZ has learned.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ. We're told they talked about attending the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party.

Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.

The people in touch with Dionne say she is inconsolable adding, "She is an absolute mess."

As for Cissy, we're told she is "hysterical."

cindyloo

Very sad. But.....both Dionne and mom called her before her death? Coincidence or they were worried about her.

Kelly

Memo to Sissy and Dionne: She didn't look fine, she looked like a damned crack addict. I hope these enablers are able to accept responsibility for the enabling they did.

Frances Wiggins

I awoke this morning to say a prayer for Bobby Brown.

I prayed the Lord would give him "Wisdom". I prayed the Lord would enlighten Bobby, to make him keenly aware of the fact that there are consequence, eternal consequences for our behaviors.

I pray the Lord rewards him appropriately for his valiant and courageous efforts as a husband, as a role model to his daughter, demonstrating what a REAL father does and says, how he champions good and evil in her presence, for being the yardstick by which she will measure all the men in her own young life. for showing her how a Father respects her Mother.

For being the rock solid support system Whitney was so desperately in need of. For the genuine kindness he extended to her parents in their declining years.

I pray for all the children who never were, rumored to have been miscarried before they had a chance at life as a result of drug and alcohol abuse, spared from this maddness.

Jesus said he will "Mete out the rewards and the punishment alike". Bobby may be surrounded by his superficial, star-struck, thug-like friends in his "hour of grief", but there can be no comparison to the wailing and the gnashing of teeth that lie ahead for such a creature as he.

How does one repent for being such an abomination and prevent becoming the mere "Dust of Hell" for which he is surely destined? I pray for your Wisdom, Bobby. May you receive it today. May you repent and become the antithesis of the dispicable, self righteous creature that you have become. It is not impossible to achieve. But based upon past experience with similar situations, you do not have the Balls to do what it takes to be a real man.

May God grant you Wisdom, Bobby Brown. Amen.

kim

Bobby Brown did'nt have anything to do with Whitney's death Whitney was a grown woman and i am sick of people trying to blame Bobby Brown he loved her and she loved him too, The people around her knew what Whitney's was doing.Its sad but this is life DRUG KILLS

kim

Whitney i love you soo much its a great lost, my thoughts and prayer are with her mom Cissy and daughter and of course Bobbie Brown

Oscar Linares

Damn Bobby Brown... He brought her down with his jealousy. She never needed him. We will miss you Whitney : (

mjbluemoon

ALL VERY INTERESTING... AND VERY FAMILAR... REALLY BINZOZ.. and BOOZ... INTERESTING...

NANCY

another tragic loss...she was one of the greatest voices of my lifetime...we so wanted her to recovery and come back to her career. she will be remembered and missed always. my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

jackie

My heart and prayers goes out to Houston family. Whitney was a great singer see will be missed. Thank you Lord for allowing us to ejoy the gift from one of your angel

David O. Ayinde

It is so sad to hear of Whitney Houston's sudden death. She will be sorely missed. The Entertainment Industry has lost another icon. I was doing some research on the internet for a script that I had just completed when I saw the headlines: WHITNEY HOUSTON DEAD AT 48. I couldn't believe it. I called my wife at work to tell her the news.

I will always remember her hits in the mid-eighties and nineties. With her reported problems with drugs, I can't comment and I am not in the position to judge. All I know was that she had been making a steady come back with her previous album "Million DOLLAR BILL" which got to number one in America. I also learnt that she had finished filming "SPARKLE" and that she is really good in it.

My thoughts also go out to her family; Robbi (Her daughter), Cissy Houston (Her Mother), and Dionne Warwick (Her cousin).

I pray that her soul rests in peace and she makes it right with God.

WHITNEY REST IN PEACE.

suzan salvage

A prescoius voice is silent. The would is crying today. Sweet sleep Be at peace. You ran your race . Your struggle is over. We will miss you,Whitney! Prayers to your family.

Mandy Winger

How can these people say that Whitney was "fine" before she died? The pics of her from Thursday night do NOT paint a picture of somebody who was "fine".

Linda

I think she had a heart attack. She was seen sweating heavily 2 days earlier, a symptom of heart attacks in women.

Evelize

E´ lamentável o que aconteceu ,mas somos humanos mortais, e plantamos e colhemos o fruto de nossas vidas ,erramos ao sair dos caminhos de Deus para em busca da fama e dinheiro e infelizmente ao se afastar de Deus estamos vuneraveis a cair ,e por conseqüência vem os vícios ,festas e quando se vê já caiu no mundo das drogas ,álcool e.....e então chega-se ao fundo do posso , mas Whitney Houston quando viu sua situação começou tentar voltar a suas raízes cantando a música Jesus me ama, e realmente Jesus ama há todos nós, basta nós aceitarmos o Jesus Cristo como nosso criador e salvador pois Ele morreu na cruz por nossos pecados.Whitney descanse até a volta de Jesus Cristo voltar,sua linda voz será lembrada....

ALICIA THOMAS

R.I.P WHITNEY HOUSTON, BUT ABOVE ALL THIS I WISH YOU LOVE!!!!