Whitney Houston

'Partied Heavily' Last Night

2/11/2012 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston partied heavily at the Beverly Hilton hotel with a group of friendsWhitney Houston "partied heavily" at the Beverly Hilton hotel with a group of friends ... hotel staff tell TMZ.

We're told Whitney and her friends were in the bar for a time and the group was drinking and very loud. Our sources say even though the hotel is busy with all the Grammy festivities, Whitney and her group stood out because they were so boisterous.

Again, it's too early to know what caused her death.

Houston was found dead today at the Beverly Hilton. She was 48.

john

the grammys ought to be renamed the mammys this year.
gonna be way too black to watch it

Summer

I'm sure majority of people there partied heavily. It's the GRAMMYS. When have you came out of a party from dancing and sweating and came out looking like you did when you walked in. Very disrespectful to assume drugs and dwell on her past drug use.

Zackery

We have lost our great singer..........Whitney Houston good bye for ever...like Michael Jackson too.. you have gone with full of memories and legacy, your voice will always remain in our ears...as you sang " I will always love you" the love is with you now,,,, may god have you peace and harmony. Whitney Houstan 1964 - 2012

SANDRA

SHE WILL BE TRULY MISSED AND ALWAYS LOVED,I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS DAY FEB.11TH I9S MY B-0DAY SHE DIED ON, R.I.P. WHITNEY NO MORE SUFFERING AND FIGHTING THE DEMONS.

C

I fell sorry for her child a daughter without a motheris the sad part. I am not sad thath Whitney died because she made her choice even though it was the wrong one, but her child had no choice in losing her mother.

faye

She likely fell asleep after her partying and then taking the sedative and did drown in the tub? Her voice just never sounded the same anymore though, drugs and abuse will do that to a person.. I'll bet deep down inside she knew her "talent" was gone. Too sad.

Rossetta

I suspect she took some Xanax, had some in her system all ready-fell asleep and drowned..
At that time of day she would be trying to pull it together, with hair, clothes, etc. for the big evening..Sad, ironic ending..She will be remembered for her talent and her voice....amen

Juli

Just wonder if she meant to die, as in a suicide.

BLopez

I prayed for her before she died because like all people with and addiction, they're sick. It's too bad she couldn't recover. It's either recovery, insanity Or death

George Hardy

I think Peter Fonda's comments hit the mark. Besides being intelligent, they were sensitive. He was clearly saddened. George Hardy, Canada.

rebecca44310

I could not relate with those who were sad when Etta James died, but now I think I know how they feel. Whitney was my generation's Etta James. Rest In Peace Whitney, I could feel that put your full heart and soul in your songs. They inspired hope, courage and helped the heart mend. Your vocal ability as well as your rendition of the American national anthem remains the standard....and yet there are ALOT people running their mouths about Whitney in a bad way.... People never cease to amaze me man!!!!...addict or not Whitney Houston is and always be a legend....How many artists are out here abusing some type of substance...majority do...that doesnt give u the right to speak so harshly about her.....Imagine if it was one of your family members that was a celebrity and this happened to, true she knew what she was doing, but people abuse substances because they are not happy with themselves or where they are at in life.For those of you who have nothing better to do with your lives that you would disrespect the dead. Please look in the mirror first.. How would you feel if you had died and all people did was talk bad about you?! Grow up and show some respect! Whitney Houston had a unique voice and great talent. She was only human and humans make mistakes and if you people can't realize that then you are no better then Bobby Brown, who let's not forget abused her for many years and was a very forceful man. She left this world beause she needed to be at peace again. She was angel on earth & now she can be angel in heaven......Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. She is dead its sad let her rest in peace. What will people say bout you when you die she is a celebrity thats the only reason here sickness was broadcast. Many ppl have demons too just isnt broad cast like hers leave her alone. Only God has the right to judge anybody. Enjoy your days!!!!!...How ever it happened we have lost a AWESOME artist.... MY prayers go out to her family and daughter Bobby Christina..... Rest in Paradise Miss Whitney,He has called you home to be with Him....♥ Your battle is over♥

Kyle Burns

Rest In Peace Whitey Houston. Such a sad deal for her, her friends and family. But what it is also sad is Clive Davis whom has taken the limelight for mentoring Whitney Houston.... IN reality it is a man named Danny Gittelman, who used to own Pickwick Records.. When Danny Gittelman had retired from that company, Dion Warwick had called him wanting to set up an interview with her niece (Whitney Houston) and it was there Whitney Houston's career actually began in Fall River, MA under the mentorship of Danny Gittelman.

Marie

At least she had a good time before she died.

ellen walsh

I grew up listening to Whitney, she was stunningly beautiful, with the most incredible voice. Everything she recorded was magical. My sympathies go to her family. I sincerely hope you are allowed to geieve in private. May god bless you all

Foxy Lady

Sorry, but I don't feel bad for her if she O.D. I'm sure the coroner's will cover it up and call the 60 Xanax pills she took an "accidental overdose".