Jennifer Hudson

Sings 'I Will Always Love You'

at the Grammys

2/12/2012 8:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

video platform video management video solutions video player
0_688g068k_0_c6b488si
RIP Whitney.

Dara

Wow, some of you people are just sad excuses for humans.

Jennifer did a beautiful job. Not many people (including ANY of you), could get up there on 1 day notice and pull that off the way she did.

Whitney had an awesome gift, and yes - has struggled for years, thanks to Bobby Brown. Sure, she had an addiction problem, but it's hard to get the proper help when everyone surrounding you is trying to take from you.

Rest In Peace, Whitney.

It should have been Bobby.

dd

Jennifer is pregnant she made the announcement a few weeks ago, so no she is not fat...she's PREGNANT! Watch BET HONORS Jennifer honors Whitney and you will see why she was chosen Whitney loved her....it's on You Tube.

EricsGirl

My mind is basically BLOWN by how many are criticizing this performance. First of all, she's NOT Whitney so she's not gonna sound JUST like her. IT'S A TRIBUTE!!! Second, there was very little time to prepare, and it was an emotional time. What a bunch of haters! And I don't even own any JH music, but what a talent!

PRO US

Jennifer can't carry Whitney's (in her prime) jock strap.

Auntie Lu

She did a BEAUTIFUL job! No one could have done it better other than Whitney herself. Great job, Jennifer. Rest in peace, Whitney. ^i^

PRO US

Whitney is going to heaven if that is where former crackheads who abuse alcohol and prescription sedatives go.

rsmik

too bad her hip pads slipped

tara

Lame. We are all in bad shape if THIS is whitney's replacement *sigh* with a tribute like this ... it makes it seem like it was all for nothing.

BB

I listened to it Miss Hudson sing her tribute and, I don't know, something seemed to be missing from it.

Oh, that's right... Crack.

BB

Oh, that's right... Crack.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

I have NEVER been a fan of Jennifer Hudson's. I never thought she could really sing and I think her career has been more luck than talent. I felt she didn't deserve that oscar...BUT I give credit where credit is due and for the first time ever I thought she did an amazing job on the song just being herself and not trying to be Whitney but what was up with those square big ass hips? Yuck!

betseymcqueen

Why does everyone feel they need to critique this performance? This wasn't a concert you paid to go see. This was a tribute to an woman with amazing talent.

Don Martin

Hudson slaughtered the song. Bad enough that she went flat by a full step before she ever got to the chorus, but come on.... unless you can own the song don't go there. Hudson isn't even close to being in the same league. Its a good thing no one is voting....

tgrfan42069

jennifer hudson sucks

SarahBeebee

I've been a J.hudson fan since AI. I wanted her to win American Idol but this performance was bad. :( I was expecting a better performance and i do agree that her voice does not suit this song. She has a very thick voice where that song requires a voice that is thinner.