Whitney Houston

Found Underwater

2/12/2012 8:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston was found in the bathtub of a Beverly Hills hotel yesterday ... with her face underwater ... people close to Whitney tell TMZ.

According to our sources, her stylist, hairdresser and two bodyguards were among the people in the room at the time. We're told they became worried about Whitney because she had been in the bathroom for over an hour and it was time to start getting ready for the Clive Davis party.

Our sources say they began to knock on the door and there was no answer. We're told the hairdresser, who is female, went in to check on Whitney. She immediately screamed and, according to our sources, one of the bodyguards came running in and pulled her out of the tub.

We're told Whitney's face was below the water and her legs were up ... like she had slid down the back of the tub.

According to our sources, her body was very cold and the bodyguard attempted CPR. That's when hotel security was called.

Paramedics arrived shortly thereafter, but Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

craig-g

rest in peace Whitney, you are in a better place you will be miss.

TJ

And Ray J was using her for what? Why was she with a man who urinates on people?? Kardashian was disgusting, over exposing her fake boobs, was SO inappropriate at this time.Who invited her? Ray J? Sleaze-

Concerned

Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Amy Winehouse, Brittany Murphy. . .all of those people received compassioniate comments when they died drug related deaths . .why is everyone being so cold toward the death of Whitney?

dierdre

First just let me say that the news all last nite said Whitney was found dead on the floor, now it's reported that she was found dead in the bathroom.....so typical of the media to change stories around....So which is it???????

SUPER-FREDDY

This laura chick really needs to fall asleep and have a bad dream!!!

nightangel

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free,
I'm following the path God has laid you see.
I took his hand when I heard his call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day
... To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found the peace at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joys-
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full I savored much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your hearts, and peace to thee-
God wanted me now, he set me free

Gsharon 710

After a night of celebrating, expectation of entertaining, a slippery tub of bath salts, and a team that failed to check on her often will..... do it. Until an AR report is released, we are assuming. Could very well have been a heart attack, caused by whatever. Other than checking on her frequently, what else could have been done.........if God says come home, a multitude of medical staff cannot save you. RIP dear one, and prayers and love to the family and all that loved and appreciated the talent of a beautiful, troubled, but loveable human being.

Nicoleasm

Has anyone heard of drowning in a bath tub under those conditions? I would think that slipping under water and having her breathing stopped would snap her or anyone awake, right? I don't get it...

2idiots

This is truly a sad loss for the music business. Whitney had a voice and talent like no other. May she rest in Peace.
What does piss me off is knowing that grifter gypsy Kim Trash-kanian was at Clive's party...I'm sure she was hoping to "console" Ray J.

nita

who the Hell takes bathes in nasty hotel bathrooms....nobody. I bet the cameras just so happen to be broke.

myopinion

Wow...so SAD, I love taking baths (without medication) I fell extremely sleepy and have dosed off and quickly got out. I could imagine Whitney on Xanax and taking a bath she went to sleep...sounds like accidental drowning. RIP Whitney.

Buzz

VALIUM, XANAX and LOREZPAM, were found in her room. All Prescribed by her "team of doctors", Thanks to Doctors and Drug Companies, we now have a Prescriptions Drug Addicts..
Never too be addressed on the News. It's Digusting. Prescriptions Drugs are Dangerous, yet doctors prescribe them like Candy. Alcohol and the above drugs should NEVER be Mixed with Alcohol. Once again doctors FAIL to Tell people about the Effects. I know people who take this stuff and they don't think twice about taking pills and alcohol. Its a Deadly ****tail. Someday, this Presription Issue will have to be adressed in the MEDIA...How many people will have to die, until it is???

Concerned

Throwback kid you should get a hobby. Changing the subject of this tragic situation to speak negatively about Ray J and Brandy is just annoying. . .why didn't you compare it to Laura Bush killing someone with HER car? If we're going random here.

nightangel

RIP Whitney i will always love you

wow

I have never said anything bad about Whitney. She was an inspiration to me and a beautiful talent. We all have our flaws.
It's possible to drown in a bathtub even when completely sober and substance free. It nearly happened to me. I was very relaxed in the warm water and found myself getting drowsy. I started to panic and got out.
There's a picture of a bathtub on the Beverly Hilton website and it's beautiful but looks easy for someone to hit their head or drown. Most bathrooms need an upper and lower support bar. It's surprising how many don't even have one.