Ray J

Rushed to Whitney's Hotel,

But Turned Away by Cops

2/12/2012 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ray J was home when he got the word Whitney Houston had died last night, but he was turned away by law enforcement at the hotel after he raced over to try and see her ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Ray J tell TMZ he went straight to the Beverly Hilton to try and see Houston as soon as he got the call that she had passed away. He had not been with Houston at all that day or the night before.

We're told when he arrived, law enforcement turned him away just as they did Bobbi Kristina. Ray J can be seen in the photo above, moments after, outside Whitney's room on the 4th floor.

According to our sources, Ray J is "crushed" by Whitney's passing.

veronica

TJ: Do you not have a soul? Your making fun of someone who just lost someone special, and making comments about his last interview. Why is any of that relevant to this situation? Do you make fun of your friends if they lost someone they loved?

bigpappi

it was ray j's pennies that did her in

kww

F u c k i n g soul sucking bast u r d s...first Booby Brown and then Fray J...I got a loogie with their names on it...

Cochise

If Whitney was my mom I wouldn't be turned away like her daughter was. I'd go straight psycho and they'd have to arrest me. To hell with tainting a crime scene. I bet if it was one of those cops parents they wouldn't want to be turned away. It's her only daughter for crying out loud. It's not like she's 20 people. Ray J should've been literally thrown out on his ass like garbage. That's all he is.

Cochise

Oh Really

More like.... Finally letting him leave the floor.... B/c he checked out this morning folks.... TMZ get it together!!! LOL

dragonlady

TO EVERYONE WHO LOVED WHITNEY AND PRAYS FOR HER FAMILY AS THEY DEAL WITH THIS TRAGEDY: PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANY OF THE HATERS ON THIS SITE ANY ATTENTION! THERE ARE A LOT OF RACIST AND MISOGYNIST PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COME ON HERE AND MAKE THE MOST VILE, VICIOUS, AND DISGUSTING REMARKS THAT THEY CAN COME UP WITH ABOUT WOMEN AND ETHNIC MINORITIES. LET US NOT GIVE THEM ANY ATTENTION. LET US PUT OUR ENERGY INTO PRAYING FOR WHITNEY'S FAMILY IN THEIR HOUR OF NEED.

JohnyUtah

Yeah, RayJ was so broke up he still made it to a Grammy party tonight and sat next to his sister where shockingly, there were cameras. He's a shameless attention whore. He's about as broken up as I am.

Desiree

Do any of you people have a heart? Somebody died! A loved one, someones mother, someones friend, someone whos music may have helped another through the day. Get real people. Think before you speak.

Bird

What good would seeing her dead body do? If anything, he should have been with her the night before to make sure she wasn't getting f_cked up. I never believed that the relationship between Whitney and Ray J was genuine. It seemed like they were just using each other. He wanted the free publicity and notoriety of dating Whitney Houston, and she wanted a young piece of arm candy to show off to the cameras.

boo

Ray j her lover or dealer ??? Who knows ???

janet jones

My dearet Ray J.
Janet your old wardrobe mom here.Honey i am so very sorry.Whitney was your families long time friend It was evident when she would visit the set from time to time. This forum to reach you is not optimum. But I love you,and it hurts an old woman to see my baby boy so sad.Love to Ryan,Shortie Mac, you mom and my favorite Mr,norwood
God has his protective hands over you
with sorrow and love
janet

Lenora Sibley

My condolences goes out to her family. My mesage to everyone is Xanax, alcohol and other drugs kill. I am sad for the fact that money and fame does not bring you happiness. Whitney is resting now. No more pain.

kcv

I'm sure her death is sad to him, he'll have to find another way to seek fame..stay tuned to see how him and his "momager" spins this! I'm sure we'll be seing him interviewed as if he was her husband!

Proud mother

wat does it matter there past life or history noone knows there relationship or there status but them if he wanna be there so be it stop hatin an talkin so negative about the whole situation the family just lost someone put ya shoes in that families foot u wouldnt want noone talking bad about yours so leave hers alone and let her rest in peace this why her daughter so stressed out n back n forth in the hospital ignorant ppl like yall she dont want too turn her computer on and see that bull so just drop it if u not paying respect y say anything low life having ppl