Whitney Houston

Remembered with

Prayer at Grammy Awards

2/12/2012 5:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

video platform video management video solutions video player
0_1u8sy5n6_0_2ehom6nz
2012 Grammy Awards host LL Cool J wasted no time addressing the passing of Whitney Houston, leading the star-packed audience in a prayer in her honor.

Immediately after, LL showed a clip of Whitney singing "I Will Always Love You" at the Grammys back in 1994.

Jennifer Hudson is expected to perform a musical tribute to Whitney later in the show. According to Us Magazine, JHud broke down crying while rehearsing earlier in the day and had to restart her number several times before she could finish it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

hello cleveland

Did I read that headline correctly? When did Dr.Pepper start sponsoring prayers?

rayman

people need to stop judging her. and stop focusing on the negative things. nobody is perfrect not me are anyone else. I will always remeber her for wonderful voice and songs she left and the joy her music brought. I mean how can you judge someone when you never new then spent time. she was human just like everyone else is. Nobodys perfect.

ShádöwStálkz

I'm just glad LL stopped rapping......

P

Sorry, God was busy watching The Walking Dead.

Denese

A prayer huh? In Whitney's interview with Diane Sawyer, all Whitney did was talk about religion and look where she is now. Why don't these people give up on their fantasy? How many times do you have to be let down before you get a clue?

Josh

Is it still legal for Christians to pray in America?

Josh

No One can sing one of her songs.
Once she sang them she owned them.

Frida

BARF. Why pray to something that's not there? How embarrassing. This god certainly didn't help Whitney. She's dead.

Brittany

I would like to see Mariah Carey or Beyonce do a Whitney song! I think they are the only ones who could handle it!! My prayers go out to her family!!

Ilsa Ramos

LL Cool J. did an excellent job in that prayer. Many bowed their heads in respect. It showed those who have faith and respect to God, and to Whitney. This also showed how many of God's children lack in faith. In fact too many. It also shows what it takes to bring people together. It shouldn't be that way. We were all created by the same creator. We are all fortunate he gave us Whitney. As young as she was, we all need to look at this closely. No one but God could take Whitney out of that misery. I know it's not easy to accept. Yet, Whitney tried to combat this illness. I give her credit for that. She seemed she was hurting a lot both mentally and physically. We must thank God in a way, he took her out of that misery.
As for those who are critisizing on how Jennefer sang, need to realilze the pressure she was under. It wasn't easy to sing in front of millions of people and remain composed. Jennefer was there to pay tribute, not to compete with anyone. Jennefer didn't have to accept to do this, but she did out of love. This wasn't American Idol, this was a tribute to a woman who struggled with an illness. Someone whom we loved Whitney Houston.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5